League of Legends’ next big update is patch 8.19, otherwise known as the Worlds patch. This is, in fact, a pretty small update, as it’s the one that the pro-teams will play on as they battle it out for the opportunity to lift the Summoner’s Cup when Worlds 2019 kicks off next month.
What that means is that Riot is trying to avoid making any major changes. After all, it’s probably better not to mess with the meta too much just ahead of one of the world’s biggest esports tournaments. With that in mind, there are currently only a few balance changes to champions, and no changes to items or runes.
What there is, however, is a pair of extremely good new skins. Kha’Zix is this year’s Championship skin, and he comes with a slew of chromas to let you show off your favourite pro team’s colours. Elsewhere Malzahar gets a new Hextech skin. As with all of the other Hextech skins, you’ll only be able to access the skin through League of Legends’ crafting system, but I’m sure it will be worth it.
lol patch 8.19 release date & downtime
We don’t know the exact release date for patch 8.19 yet, but the schedule is bi-weekly, so expect it on Wednesday, September 26. We’ll update when Riot do, but keep an eye on the server maintenance page for the latest update.
Lol Patch 8.19 Balance changes
Elise – buffed
- Rappel (Spider E):
- Cooldown decreased to 22/21/20/19/18 seconds from 26/24/22/20/18 seconds.
- Spider Form/Human Form (R):
- Cooldown decreased to 3 seconds from 4 seconds.
Kha’Zix – buffed
- Void Spike (W):
- Cooldown decreased to 8 seconds from 9.
- Evolved Spike Racks slow potency increased to 60% from 40%.
Nunu & Willump – buffed
- Snowball Barrage (E):
- Snowball AP ratio increased to 8% from 5%.
- Willump’s Turn AP ratio increased to 80% from 50%.
Here’s his splash:
Hextech Malzahar – Hextech crafting exclusive
Here’s his splash:
Lol patch 8.19 Login screen
Each patch has its own login screen with unique music. They’re always fairly excellent, and 8.19’s is likely to be no exception. It hasn’t arrived yet, but check back for updates over the next two weeks.
That’s all we’ve got for you when it comes to the League of Legends patch 8.19 notes, but check back for the patch 8.20 notes in a few weeks’ time.
- Martin Kaymer takes over No. 1 in the world
- Lochte wins 200m IM at worlds
- Road to FIFA U-17 World Cup begins
- Landon Donovan looks inside before World Cup
- No World Peace could end Lakers’ title hopes
- Platini defends voting for Qatar World Cup bid
- Championship duo track Pack
- Bocanegra urges US to think big at World Cup
- ESPN’s World Cup coverage has an English accent
- Lady A, John Legend to sing anthem at World Series