Factions of the Remain campaign have doubled down their attempts to stop Brexit after the Soros-backed Best for Britain group will target voters in ‘swing’ constituencies, while another group of anti-Brexit activists are taking their case to the European Union’s highest court to see if MPs can vote to stop the UK leaving the bloc. Best for Britain, which received £800,000 from Hungarian-American progressive campaigner George Soros, is planning to target more than one million Britons in ‘swing vote’ constituencies, reports The Guardian.Partnering with the far-left group HOPE not Hate — which has received support from Soros’s Open Society Foundations in the past — the anti-Brexit group said it has ‘street-level data’ on some 90 constituencies which voted 45 to 50 percent in favour of staying in the UK and will launch its volunteer drive at Labour Party conference. Over eight weeks, volunteers for the ‘We Want The Final Say’ campaign will employ online targetting followed by delivering some half a million leaflets, aiming to convince voters to pressure their MPs to support a vote for the final Brexit deal. Meanwhile, a cross-party group of politicians including Scottish Green MSPs and Labour and SNP MEPs have won an appeal at the Court of… Read full this story
- Brexit: May rules out revoking article 50 after ECJ ruling
- Article 50 ruling allows MPs a meaningful role in Brexit – if they want it
- Jeremy Corbyn: we’ll back a second referendum to stop Tory no-deal Brexit
- Jeremy Corbyn inching closer to backing a second referendum
- Germany Would Demand Second Referendum in Return for Another Brexit Delay
- Labour Brexit chief says second referendum IS on the table as he slaps down Barry Gardiner
- Labour's Brexit chief refuses to rule out a second referendum
- Revealed: EU war-gaming for fall of May’s government
- How would a second Brexit referendum work?
- Remainers won these elections – and they’d win a second Brexit referendum
Soros-Backed Group Ramps up Campaign for Second Referendum, EU Court to Hear Case on Revoking Article 50 have 305 words, post on www.breitbart.com at September 22, 2018. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.