Stephen Amell is ready for the 2018 Arrowverse crossover, officially titled “Elseworlds.” So much so, he’s already taunting fans with updates about his costume fitting. A few weeks back, he took a selfie covered neck-up in green stuff, likely a fitting for a cowl of some sort. Now, he’s dropping more hints by revealing his reaction to said costume. The tweet in question? “Finally got fitted for my crossover outfit. Never would have imagined…”
On the surface, this doesn’t seem like much. But remember, Oliver Queen will be in prison when Arrow Season 7 starts. It’s unclear when he will get out, but the fan consensus is that either way, Amell will play someone other than Oliver during the crossover event. So who is it? There’s not much to go on, but here’s our top three guesses.
It’s obvious Stephen Amell not only loves Batman, but Arrow itself was inspired by Batman when it premiered back in 2012.
“When the show started the inspiration for the first season was absolutely, positively The Dark Knight.” Amell told DC Comics News at Heroes Fan Fest London in June. “When I was sitting in [ Arrow pilot director] David Nutter’s office, it was just photos of The Dark Knight. That was the inspiration for the first season.”
4. Batman. Total gross: $2.4 billion. Number of movies: 1. Number of movies: 1. Average gross: $218.9 million. Highest grossing movie: “The Dark Knight” ($533.3 million). Warner Bros
This crossover is set to introduce Batwoman and Gotham City, further supporting the fan theory. If this crossover version of Gotham City takes place in an Elseworld, outside the continuity of the Arrowverse, there’s no reason Amell couldn’t play Batman. A Green Arrow might not even exist on the potential Elseworld Earth, and Wayne Tower’s position right above the Arrow logo on the crossover poster can’t be a coincidence. Batman seems like the obvious conclusion here (and Amell would have a pretty good Batman voice, just saying.)
Nora and Victor Fries. DC Comics Batman series as well as 1997’s Batman & Robin. It would not be a stretch to predict Amell will play the comic book husband of his wife’s character, a.k.a. Mr. Freeze. Though TV Line ’s report claiming Mr. Freeze will not appear in the crossover throws a wrench in the fun, never say never. The whole “real” Black Canary mess last season means fans will have to see it to believe it anyways.
Classic Green Arrow
Green Latern/Green Arrow from Denny O’Neil and Neal Adams. DC
Keep in mind, Amell said, “ Read a bunch of responses… didn’t see a correct guess.” He also specified “crossover outfit” not “crossover suit.” Perhaps he’s just playing a tights and feathered cap goatee sleeveless vest, classic version of Green Arrow (basically the robin hood suit), in which case, is much less dramatic but cool and canon nonetheless.
The crossover event takes place Dec. 9-11. Arrow Season 7 premieres Monday, Oct. 15.
- Asaba 2018: Stephen Keshi Stadium for test-run July 18
- 2018 Budget : Stop playing to the gallery, milking naivety of the masses ; Melaye to Buhari
- Arrow’s Stephen Amell takes his family on 'amazing' tour of Singapore
- If the government is listening, send us to Asian Games 2018: Stephen Constantine
- At the French Open, a Relaxed Sloane Stephens Is Playing Her Best
- Kiszla vs. Saunders: Should the Rockies give up on 2018 and start playing for next year?
- The 2018 Chester Mystery Plays production is under way
- French Open 2018: Novak Djokovic plays down problems when 'people starving to death'
- Russia 2018: Japan coach plays it safe in naming 23-man World Cup squad
- Everything Ubisoft Showed At E3 2018