CANDY CRUSH SAGA is finally getting a proper sequel, it’s called Candy Crush Friends, and you can play it right now.
Candy Crush Friends takes the formula of the original match-three game and gets the cute characters who have been a mainstay of the game’s art from the beginning involved in every level you play.
How many levels does it have?
Candy Crush Friends launches with 380 levels and a host of new game modes based around matching three or more matching candies.
It’s still free to play with the option of paying to give yourself in-game boosts or extra lives–but you still don’t need to shell out to enjoy the game.
What platforms is it on?
It’s only out for mobiles and as a Windows app for now; there is no official confirmation of a version for Facebook yet.
NO PAY TO PLAY
Warface shooter is FREE on Xbox – here’s how to get this Call of Duty rival
BACK TO BLACK (OPS)
How much space do you need to clear for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4?
ring the bell
Fortnite Season 6 Week 3 – Hidden loading screen + Shooting Gallery Locations
OUTSIDE THE BOX
Microsoft to let you play Xbox One games ANYWHERE, on any device
Gaming addicts can get NHS help from TODAY – do you have these symptoms?
back of the net
FIFA 19 Black Friday offers
What do the characters do and what are the game modes?
The characters ‘help’ with your game with their own unique skills, and players can choose the helper they want based on a recommendation for the level or their own play style.
Match a certain number of specific candies and your helper’s ability will activate–this can be throwing out bonus tiles, clearing blockers, and more.
They also have collectible outfits and their own sets of dance moves, which definitely add to the game’s charm.
New modes include:
- Free the Octopuses: Save the Octopuses from being stuck in the game board by making matches next to them to remove layers until they are freed
- Find the Animals: Save the animals which are hidden beneath ice tiles by making matches on top of them to crack the ice
- Spread the Jam: Spread jam across the board, covering as many tiles as possible
- Dunk the Cookies: Switch and match candies strategically to move the cookies until they dunk into the chocolate at the bottom of the board
- Collect the Hearts: Fill the heart shaped moulds to collect the hearts
Do I need to pay to play?
No, you don’t. You can buy boosts and extra lives, but no content is currently locked behind paywalls.
Playing through the first time we first ran out of lives after 50 or so levels–by which time we were ready for a break anyway!
You can download Candy Crush Friends from Apple’s App Store, Google Play or the Windows store now.
- Facebook promises not to spy on you with new camera-equipped assistant
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro vs iPhone XR: battery life, camera, specs compared
- Dating scammers that only want one thing and how to spot them fast
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Beta Dates for PS4, PC, and Xbox One Announced
- With a Fortnite Android Release Date Soon, Epic Games Continues to Invest in Amazon Web Services
- Riverdale season 4, episode 1 release date: When does season 4 of Riverdale start?
- Government spent £100k of taxpayers' money on Facebook adverts to sell doomed Brexit deal
- GTA 6 release date update: PlayStation and Xbox fans get great news? Rockstar Games latest
- Game of Thrones season 8 release date revealed
- GTA 6 release date news: Major Grand Theft Auto update for PlayStation and Xbox fans?