Indian pilot Bhavye Suneja, who captained the Lion Air flight, had amassed 6,000 hours of flying. According to his LinkedIn profile, he got his commercial pilot’s licence in 2009 and had been employed with the airlines since 2011.He had finished his schooling from Ahlcon Public School in Mayur Vihar, New Delhi. His mother, Sangeeta Suneja, works at Air India as a manager in the cargo division.“Our deepest condolences on the tragic loss of lives in the Lion Air Plane crash off the coast of Jakarta today. Most unfortunate that Indian pilots Bhavye Suneja who was flying JT 610 also lost his life… Embassy is in touch with Crisis Center and coordinating all assistance,” the Indian Embassy in Indonesia tweeted.The airline’s crisis centre could not confirm if there were any Indians among the passengers. The flight flight JT610 en-route to Pangkalpinang crashed near Kerawang, 13 minutes after taking off from Jakarta Soekarno Hatta International Airport. The flight carried 178 adults, 1 child and 2 infant, including 3 crew under training and 1 technician, the airline said in a statement.
- Six minutes of chaos in cockpit of doomed Ethiopian 737 revealed: Pilots fought to regain control from computers as systems put the Boeing in a dive while simultaneously shrieking 'don't sink' warnings
- Do The Deadly 737 MAX Crashes Point To A Tech Problem That Could Affect Multiple Industries?
- Boeing Knew About Warning Light Problem A Year Before Fatal Crash, But Kept Info To Itself
- Pilots Concerned About Boeing’s Response To 737 MAX Safety Issues
- Boeing's 737 MAX won't fly again until 2021 after the fleet was grounded when 346 people died in two separate crashes because of regulatory holdups and final FAA approvals
- 5 Rafales head to India in boost to its air power
- Battle Over the Aegean: The Undeclared Greco-Turkish Air War
- Boeing 737 Max may fly again in September
- FAA orders emergency inspections on 2,000 Boeing 737s after four reports of engines shutting down mid-flight on jets which have been parked up for weeks amid coronavirus
- Rafale jets touch down amid fanfare in Ambala
Indian pilot Bhavye Suneja captained Indonesian plane Lion Air that crashed into sea have 324 words, post on www.thehindu.com at October 29, 2018. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.