News / UK and world by Press Association October 30, 2018, 7:09 am FacebookTwitterLinkedInWhatsAppEmail Sign up to our Daily newsletter New Zealand has “a real affinity” with the royal family, the country’s prime minister said as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s visit drew to a close. Wednesday is the final day of Harry and Meghan’s tour, which has seen them also visit Australia, Fiji and Tonga. The mother and father-to-be will head home after visiting Rotarua, having spent four days in the Land of the Long White Cloud. Speaking before a reception at the Auckland War Memorial Museum, Jacinda Ardern said: “There’s a real connection between particularly William and Harry in recent years so it’s nice to have been able to host them in such close proximity.” New Zealand, like Australia, is a constitutional monarchy and as such the Queen is their head of state, represented by a Governor-General. When asked if the question of whether the Duke and Duchess’s visit has changed views on New Zealand becoming a republic, Ms Ardern said: “It just really doesn’t come up as much. “The only time it really comes up is, often off the back of visits, people tend to ask… Read full this story
- Why Ardern's Maori cloak, worn to meet the Queen, delighted New Zealand
- Meghan Markle's close friends open up to CBS News' Gayle King in "Meghan and Harry Plus One"
- How Prince Harry was FIRST to say 'I love you': Royal and Meghan Markle knew after first two dates that they 'would be together', bombshell biography reveals
- 'We rolled out the red carpet for Meghan': Frustrated Kate Middleton and Prince William hit back at claims in devastating biography that Duchess and Harry felt shunned by the Royal Family and insist they welcomed her with open arms
- Kate Middleton 'attempted to rectify relationship' with Meghan Markle by sending flowers as a 'peace offering' but the Duchess of Sussex told her 'in no uncertain terms' it 'wasn't enough', Vanity Fair reports
- Prince George turns SEVEN! Amateur photographer Kate Middleton snaps two adorable new images of the future king showcasing his gap-toothed grin, camouflage T-shirt and windswept blond hair for his birthday tomorrow
- Meghan Markle says 'George Floyd's life mattered' in speech on US protests at her former school in LA and waited until now because she 'wanted to say the right thing and I was really nervous'
- 'P****d off' Prince Harry branded William a snob after his brother accused him of being 'blinded by lust' over 'this girl' Meghan Markle, sensational Finding Freedom biography claims
- DOMINIC LAWSON: The real bombshell? How little Harry, not Meghan, grasped about the monarchy
- FaceTime in the bath, personal voicemails and private conversations between brothers: Intimate details the Finding Freedom authors included raise questions as to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's involvement
New Zealand PM speaks of ‘real empathy’ for ‘incredible’ mother-to-be Meghan have 464 words, post on www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk at October 30, 2018. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.