With more than 8,000ha of enclosed farming area, the fish farming trade in the reservoir of Tuyen Quang hydro power plant is generating thousands of job for local people. It also contributes to developing ecotourism in the locality. Vu Duy Ly’s family has been farming fish in Na Hang reservoir for the past five years. With 8,500 USD in support from local authorities, Ly invested in six cages to raise local specialties such as goby, hemibagrus catfish, and black carp. Tourists flock to the reservoir in Na Hang to visit the fish cages and learn about how each type of fish grows and develops. In order to encourage economic development in the reservoir, the local authority of Na Hang district has provided financial support of numerous kinds to local people. The developing of fish farming in the reservoir has generated jobs for and improved the livelihoods of local people. Last year, Na Hang raked in more than 4.2 million USD from fish farming and ecotourism services. This opened up a new sustainable development model for the aquaculture sector in the Tuyen Quang hydro power plant reservoir.-VNA
- ADB inks deal to finance first large-scale floating solar power plant
- Quang Nam’s hydropower plants drive local residents from their land
- Central region braces for most powerful typhoon in a decade
- Two die in central region's floods
- It Doesn’t Matter if Ecuador Can Afford This Dam. China Still Gets Paid.
- Bridge disaster, Lekima central at Gov't meeting
- Monster energy project wants to use Loch Ness as a giant battery
- Water resources, eroding land need saving
- Uzbekistan intends to complete Tuyabuguz HPP by year-end
- Cold spell hits Vietnam’s northern region
Tuyen Quang develops ecotourism on hydro power reservoir have 272 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 7, 2018. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.