A Perry County man who was acquitted of a charge that he cursed at children and caused a ruckus at a church Easter egg hunt can’t sue the cop who cited him, a federal judge has ruled.That is so even though the filing of that citation might have violated Lance Farmer’s free speech rights, U.S. Middle District Judge Yvette Kane found in dismissing the Marysville man’s civil rights lawsuit.Ultimately, Kane concluded state Trooper Matthew Decker is legally immune from the suit the 42-year-old Farmer lodged after his disorderly conduct charge was tossed out.As the judge noted, the suit stemmed from what happened during an April 4, 2015 egg hunt at the Wesley United Methodist Church in Marysville.Decker was called to investigate after the wife of borough police Chief Aaron Richards claimed Farmer had confronted her during the event and loudly called her children “liars and little (expletives),” Kane wrote. Other witnesses supported her claims.Decker, who didn’t know Farmer, claimed he wasn’t able to reach Farmer to hear his side of the story before filing the disorderly conduct citation.More than a year later, District Judge Michael Schechterly dismissed the charge, although as Kane noted, Schechterly called Farmer’s behavior at the egg… Read full this story
- Get Creative When Dyeing Easter Eggs
- Waitrose relaunches its sell-out £9 chocolate avocado Easter egg for CHRISTMAS - but shoppers are branding it 'hipster nonsense'
- The best Alexa Easter eggs
- REVEALED: All the hidden Easter eggs in Xfinity's heartwarming E.T. 'sequel' commercial - including throwbacks to the 1982 original and references to Spielberg hits Jurassic Park and Jaws
- The Best And The Worst Of Abrams' Star Trek Easter Eggs
- Google Celebrates The Wizard of Oz With an Easter Egg
- Nerd Alert: Garbage Pail Kids Go Horror, Mad Max Easter Eggs & More
- Police charge man, 26, with murdering 27-year-old who was stabbed to death when a fight broke out at a party in east London
- Melania Trump Pivots from Christmas Cheer to Easter Eggs in Bulbous NATO Cape Dress
- Birds of Prey: Every Easter Egg and Reference in the First Trailer
Cop can’t be sued for charging man who cursed about kids during church Easter egg hunt, U.S. judge says have 356 words, post on www.pennlive.com at November 8, 2018. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.