In a partnership no one saw coming, PAC-MAN-themed Red Bull cans are starting to appear in stores. The special edition Red Bull can will feature a slick new design with PAC-MAN’s iconic 80’s look, featuring a maze and those pesky ghosts.
Underneath the tab of each can includes a code that will unlock Red Bull-themed levels for the free PAC-MAN mobile game. These mazes include a brand new powerup to the PAC-MAN series: Red Bull.
Red Bull cans littered around these new levels allow PAC-MAN to defeat ghosts without them having to be in their Blue Mode. No, PAC-MAN doesn’t gain wings, and the ghosts won’t flee from him with this powerup. When they get close he zaps them, sending them to their prison. Cherries in these mazes are also replaced with Red Bull’s letters.
Director of Mobile at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. Toshihiko Naoe said in a press release:
We’re excited to unite these two revolutionary brands for an electrifying partnership. We can’t wait to see fans take a bite out of the brand-new in-game content, available via Red Bull Energy Drink PAC-MAN cans.
On the partnership’s official website, you can also customize PAC-MAN sounds on a digital soundboard.
PAC-MAN is free to download on either the Apple App Store or Android’s Google Play store.
This is the kind of partnership that I like to see. I’m against pay-to-win partnerships that give you special, powerful items or an edge in multiplayer for a limited time if you spend money on a sponsored product. This promotion is cool, because I’m really digging the design of the can, and it’s just something fun for fans of both products.
Are you going to get any PAC-MAN Red Bull cans? What do you think about this partnership? Let us know in the comments below!
Have a tip for us? Awesome! Shoot us an email at [email protected] and we’ll take a look!
I love to write, and I love to game. So, I’ve combined those two hobbies into one! Some of my favorite games include Fire Emblem, Halo, The Elder Scrolls, and World of Warcraft. Sometimes I like to read the occasional fantasy novel, too!
- Ricciardo Wants New Contract To Match 'Value,' Red Bull Advisor Sends Warning
- Meteor-Like Object Over Downtown LA Turns Out to be Red Bull Stunt
- Elizabeth Warren's Treasurer Once Dubbed 'Personal PAC Man'
- The win helps, but Ricciardo wants more from Red Bull
- Fire’s Schweinsteiger hopes to face Red Bulls (Oct 25, 2017)
- The Incredible Shrinking Red Bull Refund: How Should Courts Verify Class Membership?
- Red Bull Leipzig v Red Bull Salzburg: a Champions League Reality?
- Red Bull delivers no more energy than coffee, lawsuit alleges
- Relaxed Red Bulls brace for top-seeded Toronto (Oct 30, 2017)
- The Hot Pass: Time for Red Bull to make choices