POLITICS 11/20/2018 07:12 am ET The president thinks retired Navy Adm. William McRaven should have brought Osama bin Laden to justice sooner. By Willa Frej Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper lambasted President Donald Trump for taking digs at retired Navy Adm. William McRaven, who oversaw the mission that killed Osama bin Laden. “What this really is is misplaced criticism of Bill McRaven,” Clapper told CNN. “It’s really a slam at the intelligence community, who was responsible for tracking down Osama bin Laden, and reflects, I think, his complete ignorance about what that took.” Trump labeled McRaven, the architect of the 2011 Navy SEAL mission, a Hillary Clinton fan who should have brought bin Laden to justice sooner. McRaven, in an interview with CNN on Sunday, responded by dubbing Trump’s attacks the “greatest threat to our democracy in my lifetime.” “I did not back Hillary Clinton or anyone else,” McRaven said. “I am a fan of President Obama and President George W. Bush, both of whom I worked for. I admire all presidents, regardless of their political party, who uphold the dignity of the office and use that office to bring the nation together.” Clapper called McRaven a “national hero” whose performance was… Read full this story
- Transcript: James Clapper Admitted No Direct Evidence of Russia Collusion in 2017
- Donald Trump blasts 'stupid' critics of Russian policy, says hacking probe is just politics
- Bin Laden’s Secret Email System, SEO Is A Headline Buzzkill, Massive Cisco Layoffs, And More…
- After 3-month probe, intelligence community 'divided' on COVID-19's origins
- The FBI is still investigating why a Russian bank kept trying to connect with the Trump Organization's server
- Trump dismisses Russian hacking controversy as a 'witch hunt'
- John Ratcliffe Pledged to Stay Apolitical. Then He Began Serving Trump’s Political Agenda.
- The Comey Rule cast: Who is in the Donald Trump drama?
- Could Comey's hearing truly hurt Trump?
- Trump's approach in Afghanistan is first, best chance for solution to war
James Clapper Calls Trump's Bin Laden Criticism A 'Slam At The Intelligence Community' have 324 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at November 20, 2018. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.