The new Sea of Thieves mode, Arena, has been announced at XO18. The new mode, which will get split-off into its own mode, launches in early 2019.
The free upcoming expansion appears to be a condensed PvP experience, pitting you against other players in a treasure hunt. It will allow players to “test their pirating skills in fast-paced matches against rival crews.”
Rare is promising matches that are a “fun, frenetic and action-packed race to find treasure that brings together all the most exciting elements of Sea of Thieves.”
Arena will also bring a new trading company. The Sea Dogs will have “new goals, rewards, and opportunities” for players seeking legendary status.
Check out the trailer below.
Sea of Thieves is available on Xbox One and PC. The Arena mode will launch in early 2019 across Xbox One and PC.
What do you think? Does Arena sound interesting to you? Will it get you to play more Sea of Thieves? Let us know in the comments!
Have a tip for us? Awesome! Shoot us an email at [email protected] and we’ll take a look!
Dan HodgesStaff Writer
Dan is a lover of games and music from the UK. He loves RPGs, shooters, roguelikes, and World of Warcraft, but he’ll play anything he can get his hands on really.
- Early 2019 opening slated for Gino’s East in SoBro
- Christmas comes early for top local football prospects
- Joe Louis Arena coming down, but what’s going up?
- Another gluten-free Girl Scout cookie coming in 2019 called Caramel Chocolate Chip
- Another gluten-free Girl Scout cookie is coming in 2019: Caramel Chocolate Chip
- Skaneateles Brewery: A craft beer-maker and tap room to open in early 2019
- A. H. Belo optimistic former Dallas Morning News campus will have buyer by late 2018 or early 2019
- Christmas comes early for HS basketball fans with annual Southport showcase
- Tuscaloosa announces inaugural Druid City Music Festival coming in 2019
- Black Friday deals coming early in Clarion Ledger's Thanksgiving edition