Culture Uruguayan singer-songwriter Jorge Drexler scooped three awards at the Latin Grammys on Thursday night in Las Vegas, Nevada. Drexler’s song “Telefonía” picked up Record of the Year and Song of the Year, two of the most sought-after awards, and also Best Singer-Songwriter Album for Salvavidas De Hielo. The 54-year-old is the son of German Jewish refugees from Adolf Hitler. According to a New York Times profile, Drexler was an ear, nose and throat doctor until the age of the 30 when he chose to pursue music as a career. He won an Acadamy Award in 2005 for Best Original Song. The song, “Al Otro Lado del Río,” was written for The Motorcycle Diaries, a 2004 movie about Marxist revolutionary Che Guevara. Drexler has won two Latin Grammys and been nominated for many more. His music has also been nominated several times for the Grammy Awards. Here’s a full list of all the Latin Grammy winners for 2018. Record Of The Year TELEFONÍA – Jorge Drexler Album Of The Year ¡MÉXICO POR SIEMPRE! – Luis Miguel Song Of The Year TELEFONÍA – Jorge Drexler Best New Artist KAROL G Best Contemporary Pop Vocal Album F.A.M.E. – Maluma Best Traditional Pop… Read full this story
- Thoughts About The Emmys (and Complete Winners List)
- Reggaeton acts call out Latin Grammys for lack of nominations
- Spanish Artists Lead 20th Annual Latin Grammy Nominations
- Who is Kathy Griffin? US comedian sacked for Donald Trump severed head photo and Grammy Award winner
- Britney Spears, Little Mix and Take That win big at this year’s Bizarre Awards – Full winners revealed
- List of RJ winners in Nevada press awards
- List of RJ winners in state press awards
- Adele overcomes Grammys performance nightmare to be crowned the night’s big winner with FIVE awards
- How many Grammys does Adele have, what happened during her George Michael tribute and what awards did she win in 2017?
- Soul star Angie Stone accuses Bruno Mars of stealing her group’s song with his Grammy-winning track Uptown Funk
Who Is Jorge Drexler? Latin Grammy Awards Complete Winners List have 331 words, post on www.newsweek.com at November 16, 2018. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.