In true Bungie fashion, the Destiny 2 developer has heard the community and is making a change. At 2pm PT, the Bergusia Forge will unlock for all players that own the Annual Pass, regardless of whether a fireteam solves the Niobe Labs puzzle or not.
Bungie made the announcement on social media and its website early Wednesday afternoon, telling the Destiny 2 community that it heard their complaints. Essentially, the devs did not want to put such a harsh barrier between players and new content and so the team has decided to give players what they want.
That being said, the Niobe Labs puzzle will still exist for players to solve and Bungie has confirmed that there is both a Ghost and an emblem waiting for those who complete it. Knowing that there were only two cosmetics waiting at the end of this 24+ hour mission, it was likely a smart move on Bungie’s part. Community sentiment around the puzzle was growing sour and those who were not interested in the puzzle were frustrated that there was nothing for them to do.
Now, those players’ frustrations have been heard, but in the process Bungie has created a new issue for itself. For starters, there are fireteams that have been attempting the Niobe Labs puzzle for close to 30 hours in the hopes of being the “one” to unlock the Bergusia Forge. Now that work is seemingly pointless.
Second, it calls into question the design of the Niobe Labs puzzle if Bungie expected players to solve it by now. Typically, Bungie has done a good job of giving Destiny players just enough info for them to solve the game’s biggest mysteries but a lot of Niobe Labs left the community stumped. At one point, Bungie even mocked the community in a since-deleted tweet that suggested the mission was for the “smartest” of fireteams.
Regardless of how players feel about Bungie folding and unlocking the forge, there is new content coming in a little bit. Now we will get to see what the Bergusia Forge is all about and what it adds to the game.
Destiny 2 is available now for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
- Team Immunity and missing a piece of the OCE CS:GO puzzle
- England solves Italian puzzle, wins 36-15 in Six Nations
- Robots can now solve Rubik’s Cubes in under HALF A SECOND
- Blanket Coverage: Patriots must solve puzzle on defense after frazzled game vs. Seahawks
- Show Jumping Courses Are Puzzles for Horse and Rider to Solve
- PREP BASEBALL: Peterson makes quick work of Lake Central as Chesterton forges DAC deadlock
- £1m won't solve Belfast's problems
- Kicking Out: £1m to pay six wages is useful, but it won't solve Antrim's problems
- New Orleans Saints: Ryan Ramczyk could solve lingering problem
- Chargers crossword puzzle: 2017 Super Bowl edition