Breana Noble The Detroit News Published 11:38 AM EST Jan 14, 2019 Detroit — Volkswagen of America said the car maker is packing its largest sedan with technology, as Americans turn to SUVs and trucks. The only European automaker to make a showing at this year’s Detroit auto show unveiled its new 2020 Passat on Monday, eight years after a complete overhaul in design. Although the new midsize sedan keeps the same bones, almost everything else is different inside and out. Read more: Volkswagen to build EV plant in Tennessee As U.S. automakers leave the sedan market and Asian companies introduce new vehicles, VW is giving the Passat a new feel without shifting it to the modern MQB chassis of the Golf and Jetta. “As other brands exit this segment, we plan to offer them a very cool new home,” Volkswagen of Ameerica CEO Scott Keough said. A coupe-like roofline and a “tornado” line give the car a sportier edge. A dominant grille provides a bold face to the new vehicle. It got a new fascia and standard slim LED headlight and taillights, as well. More prominent Passat lettering hangs along the trunk lid. Seventeen-inch wheels come standard, though 18- and 19-inch wheels… Read full this story
- Looking Online For Auto Insurance Companies
- As Presidential Candidates Descend on Detroit, the City Wants to Be the 'Engine of the Green New Deal'
- Detroit is Hurting - Now You Can Get an Auto Loan With Bad Credit
- Global powertrain market to grow to $524.6 bn by 2020: Report
- 2020: Twitter Unveils Another Method to Keep Trump’s Twitter Hidden from Users
- Online Auto Insurance Policy
- Consider Auto Insurance If Going to Virginia, Let This Article Introduce You to it All
- Senators to introduce privacy bill amid Facebook data scandal
- Affordable Auto Insurance - A New and Affordable Payment Plan
- Guaranteed Auto Loans Fast - Auto Loan Payoff
VW introduces restyled, tech-ified 2020 Passat at Detroit auto show have 313 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at January 14, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.