TWO sisters and a friend who were backpacking in South East Asia died after being “swept down a river” during a guided tour, an inquest heard. Beth Anderson, 24, Izzy Squire, 19, and their friend, Christian Sloan, 24, were travelling in Vietnam when they drowned in fast-moving water near a waterfall on February 26, 2016. The trio were caught in strong currents after descending a waterfall and were with an official guide, an inquest was today told. The formation was not a “typical vertical” waterfall and was instead described as a “water slide” by senior coroner Christopher Dorries. At the bottom of the slide was a two metre deep pool where tourists were expected to exit to the left-hand side to land. However, the pool’s currents lead to another “tier” of waterfall below which was described as “dangerous”. VIDEO SHOWN IN COURT The inquest was shown harrowing GoPro footage taken by a tourist who went down the slide after the trio. She can be heard screaming, “I can’t stop!” before clambering to the dry land on the left of the water after struggling in the water. The two female victims from Sheffield, South Yorks., and Mr Sloan, from Kent, had… Read full this story
- Four-time Tour de France champion Chris Froome fears large crowds at this year's race
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia April 30
- At Georgia Senior Home, Staff Stays Put 24-7 to Stop Virus Spread
- Coronavirus latest: WHO defends its COVID-19 response
- WE NEVER KNEW: Napalm use during Vietnam's French-American War
- Healthy over-70s ‘to be freed from strict lockdown’ after warning of ‘rebellion’ if younger Brits are allowed out first
- Who is playing in the PDC Home Tour darts TONIGHT and how do I watch it live?
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asian May 1
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia April 27
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 2
Brit sisters, 19 and 24, and their backpacker pal, 24, swept to their deaths during Vietnam waterfall tour have 307 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 25, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.