I don’t know if it’s too soon to call a film set in the 1990s a “period piece,” but Captain Marvel’s marketers are doing their damndest to earn that label with a Comic Sans-tastic throwback website that harkens back to the days of Adobe PageMill and HTML 1.0. It’s slam full of ultra-dated features, my favorite being the crummy RealMedia player embed (OK, so it’s “KREE PLAYER 1.0”) showing the official trailer at a 14.4-killing 310×174 pixels. Play the Kree or Skull? multimedia game and think back to the days when advertising on the web was a ridiculous novelty, not the all-consuming life force that will destroy all of our jobs and herald the coming of the machines. Rainbow typefaces, 3D text, clip art backgrounds, .gifs that are animated in name only and, yes, a visit counter round out the dial-up motif. The only thing I didn’t see was that “NeW!” header for all of those updates made five months ago. The site is either an homage to or a ripoff of Warner Bros. still-extant Space Jam official page, which is old enough to rent a car. You figure whoever sloshed this thing together knew they’d be obligating Marvel.com to… Read full this story
- What are Captain Marvel’s powers, how did she get them and who is the strongest character in the Marvel Universe?
- Is Captain Marvel set before Avengers: Infinity War, is she in Avengers 4 and will she defeat Thanos?
- When is Captain Marvel out? UK release date, trailer, cast and plot for the Brie Larson movie
- Web designer who killed date in speedboat crash jailed for six years
- Captain marvel leads Lancashire CCC to victory
- Online startups are changing the future of interior design
- Paris Disney's newly unveiled super-hero summer season is simply Marvel-ous
- All the upcoming films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- 20 of Berlin's best design boutiques to browse from home
- Captains drive-in for the new year
Captain Marvel’s official site dials up some 1990s web design have 332 words, post on www.polygon.com at February 9, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.