Children as young as 10 are downloading malicious software to launch sophisticated cyber attacks on online gaming opponents, according to police. New South Wales detectives have tracked down dozens of cyber attackers in recent months as part of an international crackdown on the world’s biggest malware market. Many of those uncovered were teens who had launched distributed denial of service attacks to seek revenge or gain the upper hand against opponents playing the online gaming sensation Fortnite, The Daily Telegraph reported. Young online gamers have used malware to seek revenge or gain the upper hand against opponents while playing the online gaming sensation Fortnite (stock image) Among them was a 14-year-old boy from Tamworth, in the state’s west, who used the malware to carry out 483 attacks against other gamers in just one month while playing the popular game, police said. Many of those identified still lived at home with their parents and were unaware what they were doing was a criminal offence. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 2 Next ‘I hang people like you kid’: Fortnite player reveals the… That’s unexpected! Dave Hughes, 48, reveals his secret… Horrified gamer overhears his friend being bashed with a… Share this article Share Parents… Read full this story
- Four in 10 Internet users have been harassed online: survey
- American diplomat Sean Smith, killed in Libya protests, is mourned by his EVE Online gaming community
- What's up with Melania Trump's cyber bullying campaign? It's 'a work in progress'
- New Year’s resolutions to keep you safe online
- Obama to Congress: Authorize Use of Force Against ISIS
- How FBI brought down cyber-underworld site Silk Road
- CISPA, a controversial cyber security bill, passed the House last night. But what is it?
- Ken Colburn: Why you should stop using passwords
- Five ways to save more over the Black Friday-Cyber Monday shopping weekend
- Chris Hemsworth plays a different kind of hero in cyber-thriller 'Blackhat'
Children as young as 10 are using sophisticated cyber-attacks to take out opponents on online gaming sensation Fortnite have 305 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 23, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.