The Ireland international was a late call-up for South African Jean Kleyn who pulled out due to illness. And Beirne was outstanding winning a number of crucial turnovers to help his side solidify their position in the Conference A play-off places. Beirne has sat out the first three rounds of the Six Nations with a knee injury, but on this evidence is a serious contender to figure against France and Wales. A penalty try and a touchdown apiece from Darren Sweetnam and Mike Haley plus two points from the boot of JJ Hanrahan was enough to get Munster over the line. All the Ospreys could muster was a try from Hanno Dirksen and six points from Luke Price. Munster drew first blood with Sweetnam crossing at the corner after a lovely missed pass by Hanrahan saw the winger step back inside to score. It was young wing Keelan Giles who sparked the Welsh region into life with an electric break up the touchline after some neat handling by Price and Dan Evans. Just as he was about to get bundled into touch the former Wales Under-20 star executed a well-weighted kick through for Dirksen to score. The try wasn’t immediately… Read full this story
- Cricket World Cup 2019: Wins, not respect, is what Mashrafe Mortaza and Bangladesh are chasing
- Liverpool charge towards Premier League title with win at Wolves
- Team of the week: Star performers in the final round of the Champions Cup pool stage
- Billie Eilish says she's been trying to write a James Bond theme for her 'whole life'... before winning big at the Grammys
- Grammy Awards 2020: Lizzo wins three gongs as she pays tribute to Kobe Bryant during emotional acceptance speech: 'Today all of my little problems I thought were the biggest in the world were gone'
- Camila Cabello moves the audience to tears as she serenades her dad with First Man at the Grammys
- Australian Open: Nick Kyrgios apologises for 'being a dickhead' in second round win
- Federer's resurgence, Birkdale drama and magical Man City - 2017's sporting highlights
- Chelsea 2 Arsenal 2: Late Hector Bellerin strike cancels out Cesar Azpilicueta goal as ten-man Gunners earn draw
- Premier League Hits and Misses: Man Utd struggle again despite Bruno Fernandes promise
Man of the match performance from Tadgh Beirne earns hard-fought win for Munster in Swansea have 363 words, post on www.independent.ie at February 21, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.