SIMPSONVILLE, S.C. (AP) — Nearly everyone in this small South Carolina town has a theory for the city’s billion-dollar mystery: Who won the $1.5 billion Mega Millions jackpot announced last October? Maybe the winner was so overwhelmed upon seeing the winning numbers that she or he died on the spot? Maybe the winner is on the run from police and fears a background check? Maybe that winning ticket fell from a car visor, ended up in a trash can and is forever buried at the Twin Chimneys Landfill. Or maybe, the winner is still going on with life as usual, before quietly taking the $878 million lump sum. With less than two months to go, the clock is ticking. Whoever won the second largest lottery in U.S. history has until 5 p.m. on April 19 to walk into the South Carolina Lottery office in Columbia with the signed ticket and claim the jackpot. The winning ticket was sold at the KC Mart in Simpsonville sometime between Oct. 20 and the drawing at 11 p.m. on Oct. 23. Store employee Jee Patel said State Law Enforcement Division agents were waiting in the parking lot when workers came to open at 6… Read full this story
- He says he bought two Mega Millions tickets in his life. The second won him $533 million.
- One lucky ticket holder in world becomes billionaire overnight on Mega Millions
- Keith Lemon joins LottoGo.com to promote multi-million pound jackpots
- 'I don't believe it! Is this a trick?' Mother in disbelief after winning record-breaking $107 million powerball jackpot – and she's NOT going to quit her job
- Is it YOU? Single UK ticket wins the ENTIRE £170m EuroMillions jackpot - Britain's biggest-ever lottery prize - as those who lost out take to social media to commiserate
- Powerball to jackpot to $100MILLION next week as no-one takes out Thursday's big prize
- Two Bay Area Friends Split Lottery Jackpot... Again!
- Massive $700,000 lotto prize still hasn't been claimed five months after the draw - so could YOU have the winning ticket?
- Beat By Dre: The Exclusive Inside Story of How Monster Lost the World
- The girls’ team had the librarian from hell and chose wine-tasting over a safari. While the boys were so thick they lost the task. Your heart went out to Lord Sugar on The Apprentice, by Jim Shelley
Unclaimed Mega Millions $1.5B jackpot mystery: Winner died? Ticket lost? have 379 words, post on www.wxyz.com at February 26, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.