A third of people in a relationship say they have suffered “screen snubbing” from their partners being distracted by their mobile phone use, according to a survey. And the problem, a bigger issue for millennials than older people, could be causing marriage and relationship breakdown, according to divorce lawyers. More than a third of people (36 per cent) in a relationship surveyed said they or their partners had been distracted due to their mobile phone usage, rising to 57 per cent for millennials aged between 25 and 34. And 11 per cent of millennials, confessed to being “disloyal” on their phones, according to the poll of 2,000 UK adults by YouGov. Amanda Rimmer, a partner and family law expert at Stephensons Solicitors LLP who commissioned the poll, said: “Some couples now spend more time in bed with their mobile phone than being affectionate with each other. “People sleep with their phone, eat with it, play with it and talk to it – it’s almost a relationship itself. Mobile phones can build mistrust, doubt and suspicion, cause arguments and infidelity. “We’ve experienced a surge in divorce enquires in the last five years because of phoneaholic partners, with many people citing a partner’s secretive… Read full this story
- Five of the best mobile phones – whatever your budget
- Gear Envy: What's on Our Mobile Expert's Phone Screen?
- iD Mobile launches its Black Friday phone bonanza with super cheap iPhone deals
- The Essential Phone's super slick, but it's no iPhone or Google Pixel killer
- Sesame Touch-Free Smartphone Brings Mobile World to Mobility-Impaired
- Xiaomi Mi 5 is an incredible Chinese phone with an unbeatable price
- How to switch phone carriers like a pro and avoid early termination fees
- ‘Evil’ couple found guilty of murdering rich farmer in twisted act
- The Best Phones for 2019
- The Best Online Survey Tools for 2019
More than one third of couples suffer mobile phone 'screen snubbing' by their partner, survey finds have 293 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at March 10, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.