‘The Sopranos’ prequel movie just got a new title. (AP)
“The Sopranos'” long-gestating feature film prequel has a new name and a release date.
James Gandolfini’s Son to Play Young Tony in ‘Sopranos’ PrequelThe Many Saints of Newark.” Set during the Newark riots of 1967, the film will explore Tony Soprano’s (played in the iconic HBO series by the late James Gandolfini) life in this earlier era. Michael Gandolfini, James’ 19-year-old son, is set to play a younger version of his father’s beloved character.Vera Farmiga, Ray Liotta, Jon Bernthal, Corey Stoll, Billy Magnussen and John Magaro have all been confirmed to be participating in the film. David Chase, who created the show, co-wrote the script with Lawrence Konner. It will be directed by Alan Taylor.
In January, the remaining cast of “The Sopranos” reunited for a panel at the SVA Theater in New York City to celebrate the show’s 20th anniversary. While on hand, they discussed some of their favorite memories of Gandolfini, who died of a heart attack in 2013.
- ‘Sopranos’ prequel movie, now called ‘Newark,’ will hit theaters in September 2020
- The Vita is still getting new physical releases. Nicalis today confirmed that it’s publishing a phys
- Avatar 2 Delayed Again, All Sequels Movies Get New Release Dates
- DC’s next Batman movie now has a release date – and it won’t star Ben Affleck
- Uncharted film adaptation finally gets a firm release date
- Shenmue III gets August 2019 release date
- ‘Uncharted,’ ‘Minecraft’ Movies Get New Directors
- Apple’s iOS 12 Gets An Official Release Date
- OnePlus 6T gets a confirmed release date set for November 6
- OnePlus 6T gets November 6th release date