NETFLIX has cut support for a key Apple feature in a fresh twist in the festering rivalry between the two tech titans. The shock move means Apple’s AirPlay casting tool no works with Netflix, blocking fans from sending shows and films from their iPhones to their tellies. Netflix initially blamed “technical issues” for the change, but has since surrendered further details. The ploy might be seen as a direct swipe at Apple, which recently announced its own Netflix-style streaming service, Apple TV+. AirPlay allows people to send music, films and TV from their iPhone or Apple laptop to their TV. For the past six years, this has included Netflix content, but support has now been removed. Netflix said it pulled support due to the widening number of third-party devices supporting AirPlay. Apple is due to role out support for AirPlay beyond just Apple TV later this year, allowing telly-makers like LG and Sony in on the fun. In an official statement on the change, a spokesperson for Netflix said: “We want to make sure our members have a great Netflix experience on any device they use. “With AirPlay support rolling out to third-party devices, there isn’t a way for us… Read full this story
- Apple fans bid goodbye to iTunes in latest Mac update
- Apple fans queue overnight for iPhone 11
- Fans left frustrated as World Cup games cancelled
- Emmerdale fans left confused over Sarah Sugden death 'blunder'
- Rugby World Cup fans left baffled by ITV's 'dojo' studio
- The Apprentice fans left fuming after show's major change
- Bake Off fans left devastated as latest axed baker is announced
- EastEnders fans left unimpressed by Lucy Beale ghost 'gaffe'
- Great Eastern Run CANCELLED: Race suddenly pulled after man spotted 'acting suspiciously'
- Apple TV app 2019: Everything to know about channels, downloads, iTunes and Samsung TVs
Apple fans left in the lurch after Netflix suddenly pulls support for Airplay have 307 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 8, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.