Borderlands 3, the highly-anticipated sandbox shooter from Gearbox Software, finally has a release date – and it’s landing on September 13 this year
The official Borderlands 3 Twitter account formally announced the date for the shooter, which is launching on Xbox One, PS4, and PC – though the PC version will be an Epic Games Store exclusive for the first six months on sale, before also landing on Steam.
It’s now available to pre-order from the Borderlands website, with a special ‘Gold Weapons Skins Pack’ for those who do.
There had been a few rumors about the release from leaker Wario64, which turned out to be pretty accurate, and we know we’ll hear more on Gearbox’s May 1 reveal event – but you can see the official announcement and accompanying trailer below.
Get into gear
We don’t learn much from the new trailer, which comes after Gearbox took to the stage at PAX East to show off the the formal announcement trailer at the end of March.
We do, however, get the names of the four vault hunter classes (Moze the Gunner, Fl4K the Beastmaster, Amara the Siren, and Zane the Operative) as well as the name of the title’s villains, the Calypso Twins.
There seems to possibly be more of a focus on vehicular combat than previous entries, but for now all we know is more Borderlands is on the way, and that’s enough to get us excited.
- It happened! Cubs win epic Game 7 to end Series drought
- Coming home: Indians back for first time since epic Game 7
- CIF-SS football marathon (8/24-26) to showcase 14 epic games on Prime Ticket
- Watch an entire arena erupt over an epic game of Rock, Paper, Scissors
- The Cavaliers should still be concerned despite LeBron James’ epic Game 3
- Isaiah Thomas scores playoff-high 53 points to lead Celtics to epic Game 2 win
- Steph Curry proves he’s back with epic Game 4 performance
- Spurs win epic Game 5 over Rockets with Kawhi Leonard on the bench in OT
- Penn State's rally falls short in epic game against Pitt
- How to watch the Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony online or on TV: start time, date, venue