The Borderlands 3 release date is expected to be announced on Wednesday, April 3, for all platforms.
However, a recent Tweet sent out by the official Borderlands Twitter account appears to have revealed some new information early.
Eagle-eyed fans spotted the now deleted message earlier today, which included news regarding the Borderlands 3 release date.
The Borderlands tweet revealed that “Mayhem is Coming September 13” which sounds like a launch window announcement.
And it’s clear from what those who saw it that this isn’t a prank being played on fans by online tricksters.
The message was also repeated on the official Gearbox Software site, which has a direct feed to the Twitter page.
It’s unclear if the company themselves were playing an April Fool’s joke, but it doesn’t seem likely, considering they deleted the message very quickly.
But it will be best to wait until later this week before making any plans to buy the long-awaited Borderlands release.
There are also rumours swirling tonight that Borderlands 3 will be an Epic Store Exclusive.
This comes from a second leak that shows a quick clip of the game, as well as an Epic Store logo.
However, it doesn’t say anything about the game being exclusive to that platform on PC.
That many recent games have been revealed as timed exclusives for Epic is probably feeding the current internet rumours.
But until Gearbox announces such a deal, these reports need to be taken with a big pinch of salt.
Much of what is going to happen on April 3 remains a mystery; however, we do know that several other Borderland projects will be launching on that date.
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition is set to launch on April 3, and will include new weapons, visual upgrades, character heads, gold chests and keys.
This will include all 4 add-on packs and will launch alongside the new The Handsome Collection Ultra HD Texture Pack.
The improved texture packs will be available for Borderlands 2, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, along with expansion for Borderlands 2 VR.
It appears the Ultra HD texture packs will be available on Borderlands 2 and The Pre-Sequel for PC, while PS4 Pro and Xbox One X players will be able to access them via the Borderlands: The Handsome Collection.
Meanwhile, Borderlands 3 is expected to be released on PS4, Xbox One and PC sometime in 2019.
- John Wick 2 Title, Location and Release Date Announced
- Borderlands 3 will support crossplay between Steam and Epic Games Store when it releases in March
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Pre-Order Guide: Release Date, Bonuses, Accessories, And More
- Former Wii U exclusive Wonderful 101 gets a firm PC release date
- Lori Loughlin’s Trial Date Set; Lawyers Say New Evidence Shows She And Husband Are Innocent
- Heropanti 2 First Look: Tiger Shroff Returns As A Stylish Action Hero; Release Date Out!
- Resident Evil 3 Remake - Release Date, Demo, Impressions, And What We Know So far
- The Clone Wars Schedule: Episode 2 Release Date On Disney Plus (Season 7)
- The Clone Wars Schedule: Episode 3 Release Date On Disney Plus (Season 7)
- Han Solo Movie Seems Determined To Keep Its 2018 Release Date