The President of the European Council has published an open letter to European leaders explaining why the European Union should ignore British Prime Minister Theresa May’s request for a Brexit extension to June, and give a full year instead. The letter from the top Eurocrat comes as Theresa May spends Tuesday in talks with the French President and German Chancellor in their respective capital cities ahead of Wednesday’s special meeting of European Union leaders in Brussels.After failing to sell her Brexit deal to Parliament, May has gone back on her previous promises to take Britain out of the European Union on March 29th 2019 with or without a deal, and is now seeking a second extension to push the official withdrawal date into the future. While the Prime Minister appears to prefer a series of short extensions, top Eurocrat Tusk appears to reject this approach, insisting on one long extension instead. Remarking that “There are times when you need to give time time”, Tusk wrote Tuesday of May’s request to extend to June 30th: “…our experience so far, as well as the deep divisions within the House of Commons, give us little reason to believe that the ratification process can… Read full this story
- ‘Democratic Outrage’: MPs Vote to Pass Bill Forcing Brexit Delay, Stopping No Deal by ONE Vote
- UK-U.S. Trade Negotiations Begin as Europhiles Demand Brexit Delay
- EU Diplomats Claim Brexit Trade Talks ‘Are at Impasse’ Citing Deadlock on ‘Fundamental’ Goals
- Opinion: Brexit enters extra time, again
- Cameron tells EU leaders they must offer UK more control over immigration
- It’s a Trap! Nigel Farage Warns EU Will Use Coronavirus to Prevent Brexit
- Boris Johnson urged to nominate new EU commissioner 'rapidly'
- EU rejects Germany's call to allow vouchers over refunds for canceled trips
- Coronavirus: Travel boss urges EU to relax curbs on Chinese visitors
- Coronavirus: Travel boss urges EU to relax curbs on tourism
EU Pushes For Long Brexit Delay As PM May Tours European Capitals Before Wednesday Summit have 312 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 9, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.