JERSEY CITY – Hundreds of colorful Easter eggs brightened up a gloomy day at Lincoln Park, and dozens of kids were eager to collect them all Saturday morning. The pre-Easter celebration featured food, a live DJ and face-painting.The hunt, a three-decade-old tradition, was sponsored by Hudson County Freeholder Bill O’Dea with the help of Hudson County Democratic Chair Amy DeGise and Councilman Rolando R. Lavarro Jr., among others. “I just like watching the kids have fun,” O’Dea said.But for the kids, it was more than just fun – it was a mission.Children who found a red ticket in one of their eggs were awarded gift cards and if a child had 10 or more eggs, he or she received two free tickets to the CityPlex 12 movie theater in Newark that’s co-owned by NBA Hall of Famer Shaquille O’Neal.O’Dea had the children line up against the entrance of the playground and had them eagerly wait as he counted down to zero. Once the last number was ticked of, kids of all ages zoomed past one another and grabbed as many colorful eggs as possible; the eggs were scattered from the slides to the swing sets all the way in the… Read full this story
- 'The Walking Dead' Is Adding Even More Easter Eggs To New Opening Credits
- 'Thank U, Next' Ariana Grande Video: 7 Surprise Easter Eggs From 'BDE' to '7 RINGS'
- What you should know about Jersey City's new business tax
- Jersey City in 2018
- Youth INC Raises More than $2.8 Million at Annual Gala to Benefit New York City Kids
- Jersey City saw 13 shootings in two weeks
- Jersey City to recognize Transgender Awareness Week
- Jersey City cop pleads guilty to DWI in Bergen County
- 20 Jersey City police officers promoted to detective
- Cops arrest 2, get four guns off Jersey City's streets
Jersey City kids scavenge for Easter eggs in annual hunt have 309 words, post on www.nj.com at April 20, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.