League of Legends patch 9.8 is now available on the PBE. Balance changes are pretty light at this point, , but to make up for that, there’s a whole host of cosmetics on offer in this new update.
The biggest changes on show so far are both tweaks we’ve seen before. Teemo returns for more testing, with all of his kit in line for an edit of some kind or another. Blitzcrank is also back following patch 9.7’s tests, with edits to his passive and a less RNG-heavy way to play around his ultimate. Elsewhere, a change to Bilgeater Cutlass’ pricing has a few knock-on changes to the items that build out of it.
When it comes to skins, you’re spoiled for choice in League of Legends patch 9.8. As well as the arrival of this year’s Conqueror skin, this time for Alistar, there’s a new Legendary Zed skin and the final Prestige Edition K/DA skin, for Evelynn. As if that weren’t enough, this patch also heralds the arrival of the victorious Invictus Gaming skins. The 2018 world champions are now immortalised in-game with a selection of skins for Camille, LeBlanc, Rakan, Fiora, Irelia, and Kai’Sa.
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 9.8 RELEASE DATE AND DOWNTIME
We don’t have an exact League of Legends patch 9.8 release date just yet, but patches tend to be released on a bi-weekly schedule. With that in mind, expect the new update to land on Wednesday, April 17.
Blitzcrank – changed
- Mana Barrier (P):
- Shield strength changed to 30% of max mana from 50% of current mana.
- Static Field (R):
- New passive: While Static Field is active, lightning charges Blitzcrank’s fists, marking enemies he attacks. After 1 second, marked enemies take 50/100/150 + 30% AP magic damage.
Kayn – changed
- Shadow Step (E):
- Cooldown set to 8 seconds when in Shadow Assassin form.
Teemo – changed
- Base mana regen increased to 2.5 from 1.92.
- Mana regen per level increased to 0.15 from 0.09.
- Mana per level up increased to 25 from 20.
- Base AD decreased to 51 from 54.
- Attack speed per level decreased to 2 from 3.38.
- Toxic Shot (P):
- Teemo’s basic attacks now deal 8-50 bonus magic damage and leave a poison DoT that deals 24-180 magic damage over 4 seconds.
- All Toxic Shot damage is amped by 50% whenever there are other Poison debuffs on the target.
- Blinding Dart (Q):
- Base damage decreased to 70/105/140/175/210 from 80/125/170/215/260.
- Mana cost increased to 80/85/90/85/100 from 70/75/80/85/90.
- AP ratio decreased to 0.6 from 0.8.
- Is now Poison Debuff.
- Move Quick (W):
- No longer breaks stealth.
- Guerilla Warfare (E):
- Cooldown: 40/37/34/31/28 seconds.
- “After a 2 second delay, Teemo becomes Invisible indefinitely if standing still or in brush, and can move up to 5/6/7/8/9 Teemos while out of brush, but any non-periodic damage from champions will break him out. Teemo can see 25% farther while stealthed. Upon breaking Guerilla Warfare, Teemo gains e20/30/40/50/60% Attack Speed for 3 seconds. While on cooldown, standing in brush will tick down guerilla Warfare’s cooldown faster.”
- Stealth duration while moving: 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3 seconds.
- Noxious Trap (R):
- Base damage decreased to 150/250/350 from 200/325/450.
- AP ratio decreased to 0.4 from 0.5.
- Mushroom max count increased to 3/4/5 from 3 at all ranks.
- Traps now become invisible after 1 second.
- Cost increased to 1600 from 1500.
- Combine cost increased to 350 from 250.
- Other items:
- Blade of the Ruined King total cost increased to 3300 from 3200.
- Hextech Gunblade combine cost decreased to 750 from 850.
Conqueror Alistair – 975 RP
Galaxy Slayer Zed – 1920 RP
Here’s his splash:
Invictus Gaming Worlds 2018 skins – 975 RP each
To celebrate Invictus Gaming’s victory at Worlds 2018 (RIP Fnatic), Camille, Fiora, Irelia, Kai’Sa, LeBlanc, and Rakan are now all kitted out in ceremonial skins.
Prestige K/DA Evelynn – 100 Prestige Points
League of Legends patch 9.8 Login Screen
Every League of Legends patch comes with its own custom login screen. They’re always fairly excellent, and patch 9.8’s is likely to be no exception. It’ll probably be based on the new Invictus Gaming Worlds skins.
That’s everything we’ve got for you in League of Legends patch 9.8. Remember that everything in here is only on the PBE, and is therefore subject to change, and that you can keep up to date with the game’s current build with the League of Legends patch 9.7 notes. We’ll see you again for the League of Legends patch 9.9 notes very soon.
- Destiny 2 Update Out Now As Iron Banner Kicks Off; Full Patch Notes Released
- Latest 7 Wonders of the World - Unearthing New Heritage Sites
- A New Wrinkle in Skin Care
- The World Economy, New Trends, and Network Marketing
- Custom Wedding Invitations Give You Old World Style, New World Zing
- Creams For Getting Rid of Dry Skin - What is Good Value?
- What Is Your Skin Type
- Age-Appropriate Skin Care
- Sun Tanning Safely - Examine Skin Moles For Malignant Melanoma Cancer - Tips to Avoid Skin Cancer
- Skin Care - The Versatile And Humble Basil Essential Oil Is Here To Help You