NINTENDO will release a new version of the Nintendo Switch before the end of the year, reports indicate. Japan’s Nikkei paper, as translated by USgamer, says that a “smaller, bargain version” of Nintendo’s console is due out in time for Christmas, and a more powerful “next generation” model is in the works too. Contrary to earlier reports, that budget-focused Switch Lite WILL still be able to be plugged into your telly and not just be a fancy hand-held console. Nikkei also claim that there is a souped-up Switch in the works too. Referred to as a “next generation” replacement for the current console, it isn’t clear if this is actually going to be the Switch 2 or just a faster, better version of the current console. The report says that the firm is experimenting with changes to everything from the operating system to the quality of the graphics, and that it won’t be out this year. Earlier reports had indicated Nintendo were hoping to get a Switch Pro out this year alongside a budget offering. The idea is that this cheaper console will be a replacement for Nintendo’s child-friendly 2DS and 3DS handhelds, which can cost as little as £80… Read full this story
- Last Minute Panic? Christmas vouchers? Let the INQ Christmas Gift Guide help...
- Nintendo's next mobile game, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, arrives in November
- Best Android games of 2017 for your new phone, tablet, or Chromebook
- An Electronic Christmas
- Xbox One Holiday Gaming Preview
- The best video games to gft this holiday season, from ‘Spider-Man’ to ‘Hitman 2’
- The best Amazon Cyber Monday deals 2018
- Best Mac accessories for gift-giving [Cult of Mac Gift Guide 2017]
- 8 Awesome Things to Try on Your PS4 Right Now
- A life in game journalism
New Nintendo Switch ‘coming by Christmas’ – and the Switch 2 is in the works too have 299 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 18, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.