Pearl Oakley, 79, of Dudley, West Midlands, is a victim of implantable surgical mesh At 79, Pearl Oakley worries she is doomed to spend the rest of her life in pain and housebound as a result of an operation she had 20 years ago for incontinence going horribly wrong. Christine Doppelt, who is 76, lives in constant fear of the return of the searing agony she endured for years after a similar surgical catastrophe. She found an NHS specialist who was able to help her, but he has since moved to Singapore. Jackie Harvey has only avoided Pearl and Christine’s fate after spending £7,000 on expert private surgery. Helen, who has graced the pages of Tatler magazine but spoke to Good Health on condition of anonymity, is half way through an extensive series of even more costly private surgery to repair the same problem. These four are just some of the more than 6,000 women left maimed or crippled by the use of plastic mesh implants — introduced as a cheap operation for those with incontinence or prolapse. After almost a decade of campaigning by Good Health, the NHS has admitted the material can ‘migrate’ and disintegrate, becoming embedded in… Read full this story
- Woman who feels sorry for a friend who claims he hasn't been intimate with his wife in 20 years is warned 'it's the oldest line in the book' and that he's looking for 'sympathy sex'
- Newly-elected Labour MP Claudia Webbe reveals her knife crime heartache after her 20-year-old boxer cousin was stabbed to death
- Indian-origin man jailed for 20 years over acid attack in UK
- AMP boss Craig Meller steps down, company apologises after scandals revealed at banking royal commission
- A Man Was Jailed For 20 Years Due To A Single Eyewitness — Who Now Wants To Recant
- 20-year-old woman set ablaze by boyfriend's family; battles for life
- 20-year-old Woman Set Ablaze by Boyfriend’s Family Dies in Chhattisgarh
- Jackass 4 ‘officially set for release in 2021’ more than 20 years after show first aired
- Measles Outbreak in Texas As First Case Reported in Travis County for 20 Years
- Man, 40, is arrested for his part in the murder of his father's wife in 1998 after his DNA was found on a watch near her body - and her boyfriend wrongfully spent 20 years in prison for the crime
Victims of mesh scandal reveal agony of being in pain for 20 years have 369 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 8, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.