Unlike AMD’s Ryzen processors, which go on sale constantly, Intel CPUs have a habit of sticking to the original MSRP. The few sales that do happen usually only drop the price by a few dollars, which makes this deal a bit of an outlier. Right now you can get a Core i7-8700K CPU for $344.99 from Newegg’s eBay store—that’s $35 off the usual price.
This is the highest-end Core i7 processor currently available, with six cores, 12 threads, a base frequency of 3.7 GHz, and a boost freq. of 4.7 GHz. It also supports up to 128GB of DDR4 memory, and comes equipped with Intel UHD Graphics 630. Though, if you’re already spending $300+ on a processor, you’ll probably use a dedicated graphics card instead.
Finally, the 8700K is overclockable, so with the right cooling setup you might be able to get some extra performance out of the processor. Speaking of cooling, Intel doesn’t include a fan or heat sink in the box—you’ll need to buy those separately. We have a handy list of the best CPU coolers, if you need some help deciding which one to get.
Some online stores give us a small cut if you buy something through one of our links. Read our affiliate policy for more info.
- Spectre and Meltdown are now a legal pain for Intel -- the chip maker faces 35 lawsuits over the attacks
- Why MiMedx Group, Core Laboratories, and Nordstrom Slumped Today
- The Mac turns 35 today, and here’s a nifty 1985 recap of year one
- Why Helios and Matheson Stock Popped 35% Today
- Intel Corp.'s Successful Gaming Processor Segmentation Strategy
- Intel's Smart Plan to Boost Desktop Processor Prices
- 2 Things Intel Corp. Needs to Deliver With Its 8-Core Gaming Chip
- How Apple Dethroned Intel As The World's Most Innovative Chipmaker
- Intel and AMD announced new processors with an insane amount of cores — but they'll likely cost thousands of dollars (INTC, AMD)
- The Irony Of Intel's Multibillion-Dollar Acquisitions