New patent reveals that Sony is using a customized SSD for the PlayStation 5 for better read/write speeds and faster loading times. Just quite recently, Sony held its Corporate Strategy Meeting in Tokyo for the fiscal year 2019 in which the company showcased next-gen PlayStation 5’s faster loading times thanks to its SSD. As demonstrated in the meeting, PlayStation 5 takes full advantage of a new SSD that allows it to load entire levels in Spider-Man 0.83 seconds. According to a new patent discovered by ResetEra user gofreak, Sony’s SSD for the PlayStation 5 isn’t a casual one. The patent shows just how much Sony has customized PS5’s SSD. Gofreak detailed some of the interesting points from Sony’s patent in his ResetEra threat: – SRAM instead of DRAM inside the SSD for lower latency and higher throughput access between the flash memory controller and the address lookup data. The patent proposes using a coarser granularity of data access for data that is written once, and not re-written – e.g. game install data. This larger block size can allow for address lookup tables as small as 32KB, instead of 1GB. Data read by the memory controller can also be buffered in SRAM for ECC… Read full this story
- The Secrets of Customer Retention
- Googles Algorithm Or the Recipe For the Secret Sauce
- Ebay Profiting Secrets - Why Customer Service is Important For Building a Profitable Ebay Business
- Customer Service - There is No Room For a Bad Day
- What Has Made The Sony Playstation So Popular?
- Get Frolicked With a Sony PSP
- Gourmet Sauces - Most Commonly Sought Item in Kitchens All Over the World
- Powerful Selling Secrets Found Hidden in Classic Saturday Morning Kid's Cartoon TV Show
- Stop Running Corporations With Your Face Towards the CEO and Back Towards Your Customers!
- How to Keep Customers From Leaving
Is Sony's Secret Sauce A Customized SSD For The PlayStation 5? have 311 words, post on segmentnext.com at May 24, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.