Friday has finally rolled around, which means it’s time for your Mandatory Gaming Fails of the Week round-up. This is where we compile all of the big video game fails that happened over the last seven days, and give them the spotlight that they deserve (but probably don’t want). If you find yourself wanting more content like this, be sure to visit Mandatory.com. But now, let’s jump into those fails!
Back in the days of corruptible memory cards and hard drives, a loss of save data was a common, yet still devastating, occurrence. Fast forward to today, where cloud storage is everywhere, and players don’t really have to worry. That is, assuming that they aren’t playing Forza Horizon 4, which boasts a glitch that can wipe out a player’s perks.
After The Division 2 Creative Director Julian Gerighty tweeted out that he was “working on the next #SplinterCell,” alongside a photo of other notable Ubisoft directors, people began to believe that this meant a new Splinter Cell game was coming, despite the underwhelming reveal. It turns out that Gerighty was joking, Ubisoft eventually clarified.
The Epic Games Store has launched its “Mega Sale,” slashing the prices of a wide range of titles. However, some of the initially featured games were quickly removed from the sale section, or had their price adjusted. This caused a lot of confusion for players looking to take advantage of the store’s first major sale event.
If you were looking forward to Skull and Bones launching anytime soon, it ain’t happening. Ubisoft has announced that the game has been delayed and will not be appearing at E3 2019.
On the brighter side, Ubisoft also revealed that they are working on three unknown AAA titles, in addition to the recently announced Ghost Recon: Breakpoint.
- No more 'Game of Thrones' till 2019? It's looking that way
- Game(r) on: 17 NBA teams to play in esports league
- The Week In Games: Two Weeks, Three Wii Games
- I Bought This Game Two Weeks Ago, And I Still Can’t Play It
- A range of PC accessories on sale at GAME this week
- Get 10% off almost everything from 365 Games this week
- China to go full dystopia with mandatory vehicle RFID chips in 2019
- What Happens After An Indie Game Fails On Steam
- Big Strategy Game Fails Kickstarter, Makes Giant Monsters Sad
- Windows Phone Wednesday: Two new Xbox LIVE games this week