Even after Crash Bandicoot came back with the N. Sane Trilogy, it seemed insane that we’d also get a remaster of Crash Team Racing. And not only are were getting that, but we’re also getting new content imported from later games in the series. Everyone knows about Crash and Coco, but what about Komodo Joe? Did you really play past the PlayStation glory days, or is Naughty Dog still your Bandicoot developer? For anyone new to Crash Team Racing, here’s a crash course covering who’s who among the more obscure characters on the Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled roster.
Not only does Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled gather a collection of characters from across the Bandicoot’s history, but it also has outfit customization. While there are several palette swaps and other nonspecific new looks for more obscure members of the Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled roster, main characters get great duds. Crash gets his jetpacking outfit and scuba gear from Warped, Cortex and N. Gin get goofy throwbacks to Crash Tag Team Racing, and there even a set of three retro skins that harken back to the PlayStation 1 days. As with the past two PS1 platformer throwbacks Activision has thrown out, you can tell that some passion was put into this production.
So, with the continued success and the obvious resources going into Crash Bandicoot, will we see a new game in the franchise pop up? It seems inevitable, especially considering Activision’s current slate. After letting Destiny go independent, it seems like a slam dunk move. However, nothing is official quite yet. In fact, the company may be waiting to see what the tail looks like on Crash Team Racing before going forward. One thing is for sure though. If this is the last time we see the characters of the Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled roster, they’re going out in style.
When you click on a retail link, we might earn a commission that helps us support the site. Learn more here.
- Cov Formula Student team races to best ever result at Silverstone
- Daily horse racing tips for Tuesday
- What we know so far about Mercer's crash
- Crime and crashes fall over the TT period
- Nine killed as oil-carrying truck crashes in Nigeria
- Grand National 2018: Cornelius Lysaght's ones to watch in Aintree race
- First amputee jockey to ride race over the Grand National fences
- Weekend work to decide Nicky Henderson's Aintree team
- Grand National 2018: Runners and riders for Saturday's race confirmed
- Brookes to ride for BSB team in S'sport and S'stock TTs