Story Director of Cyberpunk 2077 Marcin Blacha hinted in a Twitter conversation about who to expect in Cyberpunk 2077. I’m not talking about more celebrities like Keanu Reeves, but rather, iconic characters from the original board game itself.
Here’s the conversation in common with developers being asked about their games on Twitter:
Several of these names may seem familiar to fans of Cyberpunk 2020. Although I don’t quite know who Santiago is, I have found out who the others are. Since 2077 suggests the game is set 7 years after the original story, it will be fun to see how that transpires.
CD Projekt Red does good service to its source material. The Witcher games are a prime example as to how they remain faithful to the books. Even going as far as to be its own art form. The fan service looks like it’s going to be evident here as well.
Let’s get you up to speed on the characters we think will appear. If we’re to believe what the story director teased us with.
We already know about Johnny Silverhand being played by the lovely Keanu Reeves. I can’t wait to see him in action since what’s cooler than a futuristic rebel rockstar with a bionic arm? Still, there’s a lot of interesting theories surrounding his role in the game. You can be sure of his inclusion though,
We’ve got the shadowy Morgan Black Hand as a possible confirmation for the game as well. A stark opposite to everything Johnny Silverhand stands for, including his color pallet. Hopefully this means we can also expect some nice Black Op missions as well.
There was also Arasaka Saburo, the old as hell Japanese shogun leader in Cyberpunk 2020. I’m curious to even see if the guy is still alive by the Cyberpunk 2077 timeline. You can be sure we’ll see a lot of his legacy in the form of a faction or influence on the Cyberpunk 2077 world.
Either way, expect a lot of the source material from the board game to leak through here among the iconic characters of Cyberpunk 2077.
- New Cyberpunk 2077 details: no multiplayer at launch, technologically advanced, may be at E3
- CD Projekt Red sets Cyberpunk 2077 aside to focus on The Witcher 3 next year
- This is what we know about ‘Cyberpunk 2077’
- Don’t worry, CD Projekt is now “hard at work” on Cyberpunk 2077
- Hackers threaten CD Projekt Red with stolen ‘Cyberpunk 2077’ documents
- Cyberpunk 2077 will dwarf The Witcher 3, according to developer
- CD Projekt RED’s next game officially titled ‘Cyberpunk 2077’
- ‘Cyberpunk 2077’ to eclipse open world of ‘The Witcher 3,’ offer seamless multiplayer
- Popular MOBA Legends adds iconic character RoboCop, but only for a limited time
- Watch your coloring book characters come to life with Arnimate