Anti-Brexit campaigner Gina Miller says she will take the government to court if the next PM tries to shut down Parliament to push through no deal.Ms Miller, who won a legal battle against ministers over Article 50, said the step would be “an abuse” of powers.She told Sky News she wanted to “defend Parliamentary sovereignty”, not stop Brexit.Brexiteer MP Priti Patel said it was “not acceptable” to use the courts to try to tie the hands of MPs.Most MPs are against leaving the EU without a deal and could try to stop it from happening.Shutting down – or proroguing – Parliament could potentially provide a way for a prime minister to force through a no-deal Brexit against MPs’ wishes. With Parliament not sitting, MPs would not be able to block it – for example, by holding a vote of no confidence in the prime minister. What is proroguing? No deal – what you need to know Who is Gina Miller? Boris Johnson, Conservative leadership candidate and favourite to win the race to be prime minister, has vowed to leave the EU by the current deadline of 31 October with or without a deal.He has refused to rule out proroguing Parliament… Read full this story
- Gina Miller Says She Is "Baffled" By Government Brexit Appeal
- 'People's Vote' Brexit campaign group calls for referendum on final EU deal
- A Man Has Been Arrested Over Threats Made Online Against Gina Miller
- Brexit Ministers Feud Over Fish as May Battles to Unite Cabinet
- Remoaners draw up ‘aggressive’ tactics handbook in bid to halt Brexit
- Article 50 is actually reversible, author of the Brexit treaty clause says
- Diehard Remoaners to hold weekend rallies where rebel Tories and Labour MPs will push to overthrow Brexit vote AGAIN
- What is the EU Withdrawal Bill, what have the House of Lords voted on and what happens next in the Brexit legislation?
- There is still a way we can make the government give everyone a 'people’s vote' on the Brexit deal
- Windrush scandal 'deeply worrying' for EU citizens who fear similar post-Brexit treatment, says Guy Verhofstadt
Brexit: Campaigner Gina Miller threatens no deal court battle have 339 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at July 14, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.