A survivor of the mass shooting at a Madden NFL tournament last year in Jacksonville, Florida, will be presented with an ESPY award tonight. Timothy “oLARRY” Anselimo, who also plays for Cavs Legion in the NBA 2K League, won Best Esports Moment via social media poll last night, for returning from his injuries to professional competition. Anselimo was shot four times in the Aug. 27, 2018, attack on a Madden League qualifying tournament at Jacksonville Landing. Two competitors that day died: Eli “TrueBoy” Clayton and Taylor “SpotMeplzzz” Robertson. Anselimo’s right thumb was nearly severed by one gunshot. His former team, Bucks Gaming of Milwaukee, left him unprotected for the 2019 NBA 2K League expansion draft. One month after the shooting, Cavs Legion traded a player for the draft pick they used to take Anselimo. As reported by ESPN back in May, Anselimo still has difficulty with his right hand; not only is his range of motion limited, but he deals with chronic pain and loss of feeling elsewhere in his hand. The tip of his right middle finger was also shot off. Anselimo told his mother that he would likely never play again. With only 50 percent of his thumb’s… Read full this story
- Madden shooting survivor recounts tragedy, files suit over tournament
- Living with fear: Vegas shooting survivor, wife march onYou may also be interested in...
- New Jersey Law Firm Manager Sexually Harassed Pulse Nightclub Shooting Survivors, Suit Alleges
- Sobbing California Bar Shooting Survivor Says Sorry for Leaving: 'I Should've Stayed but I Was Worried About My Boy'
- Jacksonville Esports Mass Shooting Survivor Tells Story, Files Lawsuit
- Esports shooting survivor files lawsuit against game developer and venue
- Jacksonville shooting survivor describes "most helpless feeling in the world"
- Jacksonville Shooting Survivors Retain Morgan & Morgan For Expected Lawsuit
- Madden tournament shooting survivor dies in car wreck
- Route 91 shooting survivors will come together at Jason Aldean’s Irvine concert
ESPN honors Madden shooting survivor for return to esports have 321 words, post on www.polygon.com at July 10, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.