The way chat works in Eve Online changes today, throwing a wrench into an entire strategic layer of the game. Here’s why that’s important, and maybe even why the change could be informative about the future of the influential spacefaring MMO. First, a bit of background. New Eden est omnes divisa in partes tres … cough … Sorry. Old habits. I’ll begin again. Eve’s galaxy, known as New Eden, is roughly divided into three parts. There’s the high-security area in the center, also known as highsec space. It’s patrolled by AI-controlled factions who keep the peace. Outside of that area is the null-security space, also known as nullsec. That’s where Eve’s major wars are always fought, with player-led factions duking it out on the lawless frontier. The third area isn’t really a single, contiguous area at all. Referred to as Wormhole Space, it’s a series of randomly connected zones that shift in relation to one another in the background of New Eden. While highsec and nullsec are referred to as Known Space, Wormhole Space is also commonly called Unknown Space. Up until today, communications worked differently in Known Space and Unknown Space. Once a player dropped into a location in… Read full this story
- University lecturer walks free from jail despite admitting online sex chats with schoolkids as young as 13
- What is an online bingo chat host, why do the rooms need one and what are the chat terms?
- Michigan chat recap: Iowa game a true tipping point of season
- Football change: Watertown at Naugatuck game off
- When do the new UK porn laws come into effect and how will the ID age check for online pornography sites work?
- UK 120,000-strong petition calls for change in work dress-code law after high-heel row
- Want to improve your golf game? Put in the work
- Gov. Mills to address U.N. on Maine’s climate change efforts
- Climate changes affect everyone, time to act
- Waters off the coast of Maine vulnerable to changing climate
Eve Online is changing how chat works, and that changes the game have 345 words, post on www.polygon.com at July 12, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.