According to insider rumblings, promising British actor Lashana Lynch has been cast as 007, who is based on a real-life British spy and hero. The character, called Nomi, is taking over the secret agent number that Bond has been famous for since 1953. Londoner Lynch has already enjoyed a huge career breakthrough earlier this year in Captain Marvel but this latest casting announcement is sure to put her name on everyone’s lips. A graduate of the ArtsEd drama school in London, Lynch has cut her teeth on Doctors, Silent Witness and The Bill before being handed her latest plum job. The Daily Mail reported earlier this week that Daniel Craig is still very much reprising his role as Bond, but the 25th film will open with him, effectively retired in Jamaica, being called back into action for one last wheeze at fighting villains. But still, there’s a definite sense of a mantle (Martini?) being passed on. Previously, Daniel Craig had said he’d rather ‘slash his wrists’ than return to playing James Bond. No doubt the producers’ deep pockets lured him back into the fold and helped him rescind his statement, but it’s unlikely that Craig will return for another outing…. Read full this story
- Shocking new images shows scene of slaughter where Russians tried to cross river & lost ‘1000 troops’ including Colonel
- Teen Mom Chelsea Houska looks unrecognizable in shocking new photos as fans claim star’s face is ‘melting’
- Johnny English Strikes Again continues the mild adventures of Rowan Atkinson's un-super spy
- Shocking new details about Texas school shooter Salvador Ramos’ background revealed after ‘cops called to mom’s home’
- 'Depressed and terrified' – BBC licence fee prosecutions criminalise vulnerable Britons
- Apple continues denial of Chinese server spy infiltration with new statement
- Spy Pics: Oben Rorr Electric Motorcycle Spotted Testing
- Spies living next door! MI6 set up urban safe houses with fake married couples
- DVLA delays: 300,000 drivers with medical conditions waiting up to six months for licences
- Major new driving licence law change to help deal with application delays - 'Great to see'
Licence to shock: The new female super spy have 337 words, post on www.independent.ie at July 15, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.