It looks like Super Monkey Ball might be making a comeback.
Sega has seemingly been working on some sort of Super Monkey Ball revival, as a new game was just unearthed through the Taiwanese rating board.
The theme definitely has something to do with food, though, because the Chinese and Japanese names listed both reference something tasting good. Sega recently registered the name Tabegoro Super Monkey Ball in Japan, so that could be the official name.
Setting aside the name for a moment, the cover art is hard to attribute to anything but Super Monkey Ball.
The mysterious Super Monkey Ball project is coming to PC, PS4, and Switch. We obviously do not yet know if this is a remaster or re-release of some kind, or if we’re looking at an entirely new game.
Super Monkey Ball is a classic platformer originating in the arcades that later became mostly associated with Nintendo platforms. The originals (outside of the arcade) were GameCube exclusives, though some of the later games did make it to PS2 and the original Xbox. The most recent proper Super Monkey Ball came to the Vita in 2012.
- How to play Nintendo Switch games on your PC
- Hackers have found a way to jailbreak the Nintendo Switch
- Play These Nintendo Switch Indie Games After Super Mario Odyssey
- Best Nintendo Switch Games on Sale Now
- Every confirmed character in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch
- Best Motion Control Games for Nintendo Switch
- Best Nintendo Switch Accessories in 2018
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus launch date set for Nintendo Switch
- Some Numbers That Illustrate Nintendo Switch's Massive Success
- Wolfenstein 2 for Nintendo Switch: Everything you need to know!