I suppose this was inevitable: #brands are now making Super Mario Maker 2 levels.
Arby’s Twitter, the Very Online personification of a giant cowboy hat logo, started the bandwagon at the beginning of July by designing this level in the Super Mario Bros. 3 style. Mario reaches for money in the form of the fast food company’s slogan while he dodges healthier meal choices allegorized as Cheep Cheeps. Dry Bones, symbolizing the colorectal cancer Mario faces from a diet high in red meat and processed foods, awaits him at the end.
Now it appears that Wendy’s has gotten in on the action. Go Nintendo notes they have made an entire world of levels, spanning “Frosty World” to “Rest in Grease.” Frosty World actually looks kind of worthwhile? Go Nintendo’s player was impressed, as was writer and researcher Brendan Keogh.
No word if Mercedes-Benz is again getting into the game itself, as it did with the first Super Mario Maker. These are the only two we’ve spotted so far, but as these fast food trendsetters’ less hip-to-it rivals catch on, expect more. Super Mario Maker 2 is a form of social media, after all.
- No more Super Mario costumes for Tokyo go-kart riders as Nintendo wins ruling
- This guy just completed the fastest Super Mario Bros. speedrun of all time
- How to make 'super nuts' in 4 easy steps
- Super Mario costumes banned from go-kart rides around Tokyo after Nintendo wins case
- Russell Brand makes heartfelt plea to save Bristol rehab centre
- 4 affordable brands making an effort to be more ethical
- Luigi dies in new Super Mario trailer
- Versace fashion house bought by Michael Kors for $2.1bn to make super group
- Dom Manfredi in the frame to make Super League comeback against Catalans this weekend
- Raj Singh sets Pools’ fans attendance target as owner aims to make Super 6 Stadium ‘a fortress’