Discussions centered around the next generation of consoles from Sony and Microsoft is nothing new. A year after the PS4 and Xbox One were on the market, the speculations had begun. But now, quoting Doctor Strange, “We’re in the Endgame”. Lead system architech Mark Cerny revealed a lot of details about the PlayStation 5 before E3. Microsoft unveiled their own Project Scarlett at the show in LA. Now, new reports suggest that Sony might be aiming the PlayStation 5 towards a more niche audience. The report is based on what is allegedly insider information gathered by the Wall Street Journal. The report states that PlayStation 5 will try to target hardcore gamers specifically. Sony CEO Kenichiro Yoshida is then reported to have said “details when making games have become more important than ever,”. This might be why ray-tracing will be featured in the next console. PlayStation 5 has very powerful hardware to “dramatically increase the graphics-rendering speed”. This somewhat justifies the expectation of a big price tag by people. Analyst Michael Pachter, for example, has guessed it could hit the $800 USD mark. This would make it one of the most expensive consoles ever. Even when compared with the infamous… Read full this story
- The best Black Friday deals for video gamers
- ComicBook.com's Holiday Gift Guide for PlayStation Fans
- PlayStation Onesies, Pajamaralls, and Hawaiian Shirts for the Gamer That Has Everything
- One of the best PlayStation Plus membership deals of the year is back
- PlayStation Plus Will No Longer Offer Free PS3, PS Vita Games
- The difference between Oculus Touch, HTC Vive, and PlayStation VR controllers
- Is Belle Delphine, a.k.a. Bathwater Gamer Girl, the Greatest Troll On the Internet?
- Sony To Shut Down PlayStation Vue TV Service, Refocus On Core Gaming Business
- PlayStation VR Will Launch In Fall 2016, Says Mouthy CEO
- Sony Patent Tweaks DualShock Design for PlayStation 5
PlayStation 5 Will Target Hard Core Gamers have 311 words, post on segmentnext.com at July 12, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.