There are plenty of HD mods where you have to zoom in on a screenshot to notice the difference. Well, this is not that kind of mod. Resident Evil 3 Seamless HD Project uses machine learning to upscale the backgrounds, and also includes upscaled menus with high-res character portraits, seamless masks, and a bunch of manual editing to insure things like in-game text are readable. The difference is pretty stark. There’s also an optional FMV pack that doubles the resolution of the cutscenes, another pretty noticeable difference even though they’re still only running at 640×320.Thing is, Resident Evil 3 Seamless HD Project works with the emulated version of RE3 so you’ll need the Dolphin emulator and an iso to check it out. Once it’s up and running you can switch between the two by pressing the delete key, and in the video above you can see a few instances where the player does just that.Maybe we’ll get an official remake of Resident Evil 3 some day, but in the meantime? This’ll do.
- Resident Evil 2’s audio director talks injecting horror into games using sound
- Resident Evil 2 looks scary, but it’s sound that makes the game blood-curdling
- 'Resident Evil 2' Remake Features 'Enhanced' Narrative, Not Exactly The Same Story
- Resident Evil 2 remake: Claire Redfield's campaign revealed at Gamescom 2018
- Resident Evil 2 remake: Check out the steelbook edition and first Licker footage
- Resident Evil 2 remake: Claire and Leon's classic costumes return
- Capcom News: Horror Coming Back To 'Resident Evil,' No New 'Devil May Cry' Game Coming
- Resident Evil 2 remake: What you need to know
- 'Resident Evil 2' Remake Announcement Trailer Reveals 2019 Release Date
- Why Resident Evil 2's remake can't be missed by Xbox One horror fans
Resident Evil 3 fans have made an impressive HD mod for it have 293 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at July 13, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.