Sections SEARCH Skip to content Skip to site index Live Subscribe Log In Log In Today’s Paper Live | Sunglasses That Help Your Eyes as Well as Your Look Advertisement Supported by Personal health Lenses that transition in sunlight to become sunglasses help protect eyes from dust, bugs, drying breezes and, most important of all, the damaging effects of ultraviolet light. ByJane E. Brody July 15, 2019 Many people my age with lens implants following cataract surgery are thrilled not to have to wear glasses all the time, but I’ve recently gone in the opposite direction. Although at 78 I can still drive and, in good light, even read the newspaper without corrective lenses, I’ve chosen to wear glasses nearly all the time. Within the last two years, I’ve invested in multiple pairs of prescription glasses with progressive “transition” lenses, which darken in sunlight to become sunglasses. They provide visual enhancement and protection and serve as a fashion statement. If and when I need to have cataract surgery and require a new prescription, I’ll replace the lenses in my favorite eyeglass frames and continue to wear them. Glasses have in effect become my jewelry, and I’ve been amazed at how… Read full this story
- LFW W/F 2019 Day 5: Genelia D'Souza Demonstrates Why Smokey Eye Look Is A Classic
- How to recreate Cara Delevingne's signature eye look
- How To Recreate Sonam Kapoor’s Stunning Blue Eye Make-up Look With Just 6 Products
- Look Of The Day: Genelia D'Souza In Goldfish Orange Suit By Ridhi Mehra
- Feeling pasty? Expert who gives Strictly stars their glow reveals how get a natural-looking tan in winter - and the trick is having a cold shower before applying
- 'I would die for her!': Winnie the cocker spaniel's huge 'Disney Princess' eyes and long lashes melt animal lovers' hearts and win her 278,000 followers on Instagram
- Millie Bobby Brown looks angelic as she hits the red carpet of the SAG Awards in a pristine white ensemble
- Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor And More
- Get Bebe Rexha's Boss Babe Grammys 2020 Beauty Look
- Anderson Cooper Jokes About Pal Andy Cohen's 'Judgy' Baby Son Benjamin: 'Amazing Side-Eye'
Sunglasses That Help Your Eyes as Well as Your Look have 368 words, post on www.nytimes.com at July 15, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.