Much of the Prime Day 2019 hype is around 4K TVs, laptops, smartphones and smart home devices, but the shopping event is also a great opportunity to save on products for your kids. With early access deals, which just became available at 3 p.m. ET, Amazon discounted a full suite of its devices and tablets, including all of the kids edition Fire tablets, and dropping the to its lowest price ever. Some of us may not be ready to think about back-to-school shopping, but if your children are going to need tablets before their school year kicks off, there’s no better time to save on electronics than now with these Prime Day deals.
In addition to Amazon devices, Walmart flipped the deals switch this weekend, dropping prices on thousands of products before Amazon’s 48-hour Prime Day official start on Monday, July 15 at 3 a.m. Below, we’ve curated all the best tech deals for your kids that are already live from the two major retail giants. Need a couple of things for yourself and home? Here’s a list of early access deals on all Amazon devices.
Amazon Devices, Kids Editions
Amazon Fire Kids Edition tablets all come with a protective children’s case (in blue, pink, or yellow), and are pre-installed with Free Time Unlimited, the premium streaming subscription that’s made just for kids, and it’s the perfect way to let your youngest family members safely enjoy online content.
Amazon is offering non-Prime members an introductory Free Time Unlimited deal. This package lets you score a three-month subscription for just $3 and snag a pair of .
Normally priced at $100, Amazon Prime members can purchase the new-and-improved Fire 7 Kids Edition for only $60. And, if you need two, the price drops even lower, to $100 for a pair.
Normally priced at $130, the tablet drops to just $80, a $50 savings. You can buy two for only $140, a total savings of $120.
Normally price at $200, the Fire HD 10 Kids Edition tablet drops to just $150, or get two for $280 — a $120 savings.
Normally priced at $70, this all-new Echo Dot Kids Edition drops to just $45.
Deals on iPad, Kids’ Smartwatches, Tablets
- — $249 (orig. $330)
- — $47 (orig. $60)
- — $69 (orig. $100)
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- The best Black Friday deals on Alexa, Echo, Fire TV, and other Amazon devices
- Amazon shares a sneak peek at device deals heading into Black Friday
- Amazon Black Friday Deals 2019: Everything you need to know
- Amazon Fire TV Stick and Fire TV Edition 4K TVs on sale ahead of Black Friday
- Amazon slashes prices on the Fire 7 and Fire HD 8 Tablets plus Kids’ Editions
- Macy’s, Best Buy expand same-day delivery service to compete with Amazon
- Alibaba is about to bring in more than Prime Day, Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined
- 10 movies you can buy for incredibly cheap on Amazon Prime Day
- Walmart is getting crushed ahead of Prime Day
- An anti-Trump movement is doubling down on its boycott of Amazon on Prime Day
- NETS SIGN PIONEER COLLINS TO ANOTHER 10-DAY DEAL
- Best Buy’s Black Friday deals are kicking off on Thanksgiving Day
- Early Christmas came for Childhaus kids and their families
- Elon Musk won’t give family members early access or discounts for a Tesla — including his own mother
- ‘Million Dollar Listing’ star shares his 10 best tips to seal any deal