While the game may have had a rocky start, it seems that Ubisoft’s The Division 2 is doing well for itself these days. In a recent report, the company has claimed that The Division 2 is the biggest hit of 2019 so far.
This comes as part of the company’s first quarter sales report for the 2019 to 2020 fiscal year. Here, Ubisoft claims that The Division 2 is the year’s “biggest hit” in terms of units sold worldwide. It further clarifies that this claim is based on data from NPD, GSD, GFK, and Famitsu, on top of Ubisoft’s own internal metrics. The publisher said it was the biggest hit “in units,” which makes it odd that it didn’t say The Division 2 was the best-selling game of the year, which is what being the biggest hit “in units” implies. It could perhaps not be the actual best-selling game of the year or just an unusual way to phrase it.
The Division 2‘s strong performance seems to be driven mostly by the game’s PC version. Ubisoft noted earlier this year that the game’s console sales did not meet its expectations. However, the game did do well on PC, especially on Ubisoft’s Uplay platform, where it sold 10 times as much as it did on the Epic Games Store.
If this information is correct, the PC does seem to be Ubisoft’s strongest platform. The same report confirms that it made more money from games on PC than it did on console. Aside from The Division 2, it noted that the continued performance of Rainbow Six Siege, Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey, especially with DLC, have helped the company beat its targets for the quarter. In addition to this, the release of the PC exclusive Anno 1800 also helped drive sales on the platform.
Despite the claim however, Ubisoft’s report did not release individual sales figures for The Division 2 or any other games. Moreover, the report also seems to be leaning hard on worldwide sales. The NPD report for May only put The Division 2 in third in overall sales for 2019 as Mortal Kombat 11, after its killer launch, was the year’s best-selling game in the U.S. for 2019 as of last month. NPD’s June report hits tomorrow and perhaps that can shed a bit more light on this claim.
- 125 people mugged by seagulls on North Yorks coast over three years, claims new report
- Tracy Chapman sues Nicki Minaj for ripping off one of her biggest hits
- What is Britney Spears’ net worth, what are her biggest hits and how many perfumes does she have?
- How old is Michael Buble, what are his biggest hits, what’s his net worth and who is his wife?
- Peter Andre to bring biggest hits to Blackpool stage in celebration of 25 years in showbiz
- Amazon hit by claims it 'manipulated reviews' to promote its own brands
- Alien life could be discovered within 30 years, claims Nobel Prize-winning scientist
- Woman, 23, who suffered from severe acne for 10 years claims £6 bar of soap cleared her skin in just four weeks
- Swedish Left-Wingers Try Blocking 'Biggest in Years' Deportation of Afghans
- Prince Harry’s bald patch has DOUBLED in size in the last year, claims hair transplant surgeon