Just one month after revealing its TurboGrafx-16 Mini console and just five of its games, Konami has shared two videos detailing the final list, and the console’s release date. There are 24 titles for the TurboGrafx-16 and 26 for its Japanese variant, the PC Engine, and a March 19, 2020 release date.
In a unique twist, however, all of the games will be included with both versions, for a grand total of 50 titles. There is some overlap between regional releases, “with minor regional differences,” the official site states.
Here’s the full list of TurboGrafx-16 titles, with the five previously announced titles in bold:
Alien CrushDungeon ExplorerR-TypeYs book I&IINinja SpiritNew Adventure Island
And here are the 26 PC Engine titles which, the site notes, are in Japanese:
The Kung Fu
One game worth highlighting is Hideo Kojima’s cyberpunk classic Snatcher, included in the list of Japanese games. The game was later localized and ported to the Sega CD, though it was a commercial failure and continues to fetch a high price in the retro market. It seems unlikely that this release will be localized, but Konami is sure to get the request. We’ve reached out for clarification.
While the TurboGrafx-16 Mini includes two controller ports — an upgrade from the original console’s single port — it will also offer an authentic retro experience by supporting up to five players with a multitap, sold separately just like the TurboTap was in 1989. It also features retro mini console mainstays like CRT scanline and quick save features.
The console will be available exclusively on Amazon in March and has a pre-order period starting July 15th, the first day of the retail giant’s annual Prime Day event. With eight months to go before its March 2020 release, there’s seemingly not much else for Konami to reveal besides its price and, perhaps most importantly, the quality of its emulation. With noted porting house M2 handling duties on the Sega Genesis Mini, as well as Konami’s recent “Anniversary Collection” series, there’s hope they’ll be involved in this project, avoiding another PlayStation Classic situation.
- PS5 Games UPDATE: Release Date news suggest Avengers PS4 game could come to PlayStation 5
- Control Game News: Release Date, Story, E3 Trailer, Gameplay Updates for Remedy's new game
- Skate 4 Game News: release date rumours and updates for long requested PS4, Xbox EA game
- NHL 19: Release Date, Player Ratings, HUT news, and new features for new PS4, Xbox game
- What is the Google Pixel 3 release date? Latest features and price information on Google’s latest phone
- Black Ops 4 BETA: Blackout Release Date, Start Time
- Google Pixel 3 release date revealed – latest features and price information on Google’s latest phone
- Google Pixel 3 release date and photos REVEALED – specs, features, price info and more for Google’s next smartphone
- Sekiro Shadows Die Twice: Release date, From Software News, gameplay trailer and updates
- Overwatch Summer Games 2018 SKINS: Release date, Start Time for PS4, Xbox and PC event