Ernest Hemingway once said courage is “grace under pressure”.Watching Mattie Kenny bravely face the assembled media in Portlaoise on Sunday last, this grace and honesty was very evident.Disgusted by his own team’s lethargy and “unacceptable” performance, Kenny was acutely aware of both the excellence of the Laois performance and the need to impart this message. His hurt was obvious but his class and sportsmanship shone. An unexpected adversity had been placed at his doorstep and he ensured the focus was on the true story of the day, Laois.Populist opinion will now decree that Dublin don’t really know where they are right now. The high of that Parnell Park victory over Galway juxtaposed with the devastation of the defeat last Sunday only serves to highlight the vagaries of sport.Having personally experienced the depths and negative connotations that accompany relegation and a Munster final pummelling by Tipperary in 2016, I’ve often contemplated how to find your way out of a temporary storm.I remember talking to Anthony Daly about Dublin’s loss to Antrim in 2010. I think about the difficult first seasons Micheál Donoghue and Kieran Kingston endured. And I invariably come to the conclusion that the key to turning darkness into light… Read full this story
- Dodgers’ Cody Bellinger Named NL MVP; Mike Trout Tops AL Voting For Third MVP
- Jim Ross Praises Cody Rhodes' AEW Dynamite Promo, Talks Similarities to Dusty Rhodes
- Cody Martin leads No. 24 Nevada past Utah State, 93-87
- Cody and Brandi Rhodes Addresses Randy Orton Teasing Jumping to AEW During His WWE Contract Negotiations
- Gun Activist Cody Wilson Released From Texas Jail After Posting Bond for Sex Assault of a Minor Charges
- Streamer Courage Moves From Twitch to YouTube To 'Have Everything Live in One Place'
- TALES OF COURAGE: I survived a terrorist attack
- TALES OF COURAGE: How I learnt to love myself just as I am
- CHRISTOPHER STEVENS reviews last night's TV: Humour and quiet courage of a heartbreaking medical battle
- Global Rugby: Georgia's stunning try as Antoine Dupont flies the flag for France
Will Cody have the courage to try something different? have 337 words, post on www.irishexaminer.com at July 11, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.