Chucklefish has issued a statement in response to multiple allegations that it exploited around a dozen volunteer contributors on the 2016 outer-space exploration game Starbound. The complaints came to light earlier this week when Damon Reece, who is credited as a writer on the game, said on Twitter that they worked “hundreds of hours” without pay on the game, which went on to sell more than 2.5 million copies less than a year after it went into full release.Reece’s allegations were supported by at least two others connected to the project: Rho Watson, a graphic artist who worked on Starbound, and Christine Crossley, a concept art who said the same thing. Composer Clark Powell also tweeted to say that they “almost did the audio and music” for Starbound until he was informed that it was an unpaid job.i started out my gamedev career working on starbound for almost two years.i was sixteen.i worked hundreds of hours and wasn’t paid a single cent for it while the company made unbelievable amounts of money off of my labour, and that of around a dozen other unpaid workers.August 28, 2019″We’re aware and saddened by the current allegations against Chucklefish regarding Starbound’s early development,”… Read full this story
- Chucklefish's response to accusations of exploiting volunteer Starbound devs isn't good enough
- Starbound adds bounty hunters with banana heads, rare new monsters
- Victoria's sinister secret: As the lingerie firm cancels its famous fashion show, we reveal how Jeffrey Epstein exploited his friendship with its billionaire boss to target models - including one who appeared in Baywatch - for sex
- Munhall Volunteer Firefighter Admits To Starting Two Fires
- Qld man, 29, allegedly used Facebook, Snapchat, to offer children cash for explicit images
- National volunteer day 2019 held in Hanoi
- Lawsuit Raises New Rape Allegation, Other Claims Against Weinstein
- Volunteers Fight President Trump's 'Attack on Science' by Safeguarding Data
- Florida Nurse Allegedly Spent Holocaust Survivor's Life Savings on Parties, Margaritas, Gift Cards: 'They Have Been Stripped of Everything'
- Woman sues major hotel chains alleging they failed to stop sex trafficking at their properties
Chucklefish responds to allegations it exploited volunteer Starbound developers have 352 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at August 31, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.