Interactive crime drama Her Story, one of the best indie games on PC, is just $2/£1.44 if you grab it before Tuesday. Developer Sam Barlow’s next game, Telling Lies, is out on Friday, so this is a good chance to get acquainted with the structure of his games before release day.
Her Story is a murder mystery in which you search through a database of police interviews with a young woman, watching them on an old CRT monitor. The clips are out of sequence, and the only way to sort through them is by searching keywords in a database, gradually piecing together events by jumping back and forth in the timeline.
What I love most about it is that every player follows a different path through the database, and therefore every player will end up with a different view of what happened. As Andy said in his glowing review, it “plays to the interactive strengths of the medium in a daring, imaginative way, trusting you to make sense of the scattered jigsaw pieces at your own pace. It’s her story, but it’s also your story.”
The 80% discount is not the lowest price it’s ever been, but it’s close. A previous 80% discount brought the game to just $1.19 back in 2017—the base price was raised in July, presumably in anticipation of rising interest around Telling Lies. Still, it’s a good price for what remains one of the PC’s best games.
Telling Lies follows a similar structure as Her Story, but looks like it has a much bigger budget. It also has multiple characters, rather than just the one. Read about it here.
You can buy Her Story here.
- Independent Recording Artist and Producer Sam Elliott (The IIIrd) Releases First Single "Thank You"
- Telling Lies review – endless possibilities in brilliant detective story
- Ahead Of Dabangg 3’s Release, Salman Khan Says The Script For Dabangg 4 Has Already Been Written
- Ahead of crucial meeting, Centre releases Rs 35,000 crore GST payment to states
- Eeeooowww! From before she was famous to couture fashions and bling-tastic manicures, FEMAIL rounds up Cardi B's most outrageous looks just ahead of her 27th birthday
- Taylor Swift stuns at Cats premiere with fellow stars on red carpet ahead of ‘creepy’ musical’s release
- Beth Chapman Called Cancer 'Ultimate Test of Faith' Just Ahead of Her Passing
- Executive Speakers Bureau Exclusive Speaker Sam Silverstein Releases New Book “I Am Accountable”
- Sam Mendes on "1917," inspired by his grandfather's wartime exploits
- Read The Edge of the Shoal by Cynan Jones, winner of the BBC National short story award