Intel CPU shortages may still be ongoing and could stick around until the beginning of 2020, says Taiwanese ODM Compal Electronics. Late last year Intel made the headlines due to a reported shortage of 14nm production, suspected to be intrinsically tied to the delayed shift to the 10nm process node, and recent reports suggest it may still be struggling to meet demand. Reports of Intel’s manufacturing woes seem to have subsided now that we’re entering the second half of 2019, but that doesn’t mean everyone is feeling flush with CPUs. According to a DigiTimes report on notebook shipments, a Taiwanese ODM is still feeling the effects of the CPU shortage, which it suspects will last until Q1 2020. The report also states that notebook shipments are facing a drought in part due to the US-China trade war, and that’s despite 10% tariffs on imports of notebook, smartphones, PC monitors, and consoles into the US being delayed until December. It seems many ODMs are still considering moving some production out of China regardless of the temporary reprieve in order to safeguard their business. Best PC gaming hardware deals today MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 192-bit HDMI/DP 6GB GDRR6 HDCP Support DirectX 12… Read full this story
- Intel ‘sincerely apologizes’ to customers for lingering CPU shortage
- PC shipments grow in Q2 on back of Windows upgrades and improved Intel CPU supplies
- MacBook Air supplies dwindle ahead of WWDC, Intel CPU refresh
- Giz Explains: Intel's Entire Confusing Armada of Chips
- Lenovo launches 10th Gen Intel-powered ThinkBook 14 and 15 in India
- Maybe Democrats Should Remain on the Defensive in 2020
- Democrats Need an Unbreakable Presidential Candidate in 2020
- Highlights From CNN’s Town Halls With Five 2020 Candidates
- Will Age Be an Issue in the 2020 Presidential Race?
- Wall Street Democrats Are Absolutely Freaking Out About Their 2020 Candidates
Taiwan ODM suggest Intel CPU shortages may remain until 2020 have 305 words, post on www.pcgamesn.com at August 15, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.